Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Favorite Video Games Part One

I'm gonna start a little series inside this blog to give it a little more juice and help me think of things to write. I'll post video games that I've played in my lifetime that I've personally loved, provided memories, and that others should look into.
So without further ado...let's get this series started with our first game in the series...
Donkey Kong Country 2 for the SNES
This is without a doubt definately one of the top 5 games that I have ever played in my life, if not the best. It is my personal favorite and I still play it to this day.
DKC2 picks up after the first one obviously where Donkey Kong has been kidnapped by King K Rool so it is up to Diddy and Dixie to find him and rescue him. The game is very similar in design as the first one but the graphics are just gorgeous, especially for a super nintendo game.
The true credit goes to the music. This game has the best music I have ever heard in a game and that statement holds true to this day.
There are beautiful environments, fun levels, frustrating levels, and secrets abound. The number of different locations is extremely varied and each one looks amazing. You are tested in all sorts of different ways from climbing to dodging, swimming, seeing in the dark, flying, and more. If you have never played this game then do yourself a favor and find it. It is currently available on the Wii's virtual console.

No comments:

Post a Comment