Sunday, January 1, 2012

Midnight Meeting

The rain washed over the windows as I sat in my worn down red velvet couch, cigarette in hand. The sounds of raindrops against the glass enveloped the room in an almost hypnotic rhythmic beat.
The time was drawing closer.
Everything was prepared and set at the ready like a professionally catered meal. H'orderves, dim lighting, two glasses, and a middle of the road bottle of red wine. Not a great year but the goal of tonight wasn't to impress. A few cars drove by and for a moment I contemplated the idea of not going through with it. Only for a moment.
Almost time.
Adjusting the lights gave the room a warm and inviting feel yet held a certain looming edge to it that grabbed you by the senses and never let go.
The rain fell harder.
The mirror reflected a man who had seen his share of danger and heartbreak. An almost too confident man. I loosened my tie before hearing wandering footsteps approach the door.
The time had come.
Not too late to change your mind.
Opening the door revealed a tall, slender woman with eyes that would bring any man to his knees. The rain water left her skin glistening and her crimson dress hugged her body in all the right places leaving nothing to the imagination. Her sultry voice bid me good evening as I led her into the glowing room. She swept across the room to the couch leaving behind a trail of her perfume.
Lilac.
Seeing her on the couch was all but too inviting.
Can't back out now.
I joined her, making idle chit chat, as the rain continued its assault around us. Apologies, regrets, and many kind words filled the air as the hands on the clock made their lock trek around the number emblazoned face. I couldn't honestly say too little too late but the night in question was one too many. But I didn't want to let her go just like that. Not when I was so prepared.
She made her way to the bedroom, commenting on my various mementoes as she went. Keepsakes, past memories, nothing more.
I followed, taking a moment to fill the glasses with wine, treating one with a pill that fizzled into the red abyss leaving not a trace. Wine in hand, I entered the bedroom and found her sitting on the bed with a look on her face that I knew all too well.
The wine went down smooth and before long she was in my arms. Her sultry wet lips pressed against mine as I felt the smooth curve of her back and pulled her closer. She surrendered quickly, dropping her dress to the floor exposing her milky white body. Grabbing my tie she pulled me to the bed as I shed my clothing to join hers on the floor. A rumble of thunder signified the intensity of the events outside and in.
Too late to turn back.
The gentle caress of her breasts quickened her breath, the lust grew in her eyes. I knew what she wanted. That's all she ever wanted.
With me on my back she crawled on top of me slowly but with a determination I rarely saw. Her gentle coo traveled through my ears as I felt the warmth of her body. A flash of lightning outside illuminated her aggressive yet passionate movements as her angelic moans slowly escalated to a fever pitch.
She collapsed in ecstasy, kissing my neck while catching her breath. Her hair tumbled over me, wet but still beautiful. Rolling over, her eyes gazed at me with a sense of loss.
I gazed back watching her naked body shine in the moonlight. After a moment of hesitation she finally spoke.
I love you.
Her words were like daggers but I felt an odd sense of satisfaction. Her breathing became tense and her eyes rolled back in her head.
It's done.
Within seconds the room was silent. Her body was cold. The rain continued to pound.
I refreshed another glass of wine and looked on as a beautiful symbol of sex and innocence lay dead before me.
The rain began to slow.
I love you too.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that was really good. Not ur style at all but you really picked it up and ran with it. Great job

    ReplyDelete