Monday, June 26, 2017

Game Catch Up -- Marvel vs. Capcom 2: Part Two

For the second installment of this game, I'm going to cover the combatants on the Capcom side and try to give a little background on each fighter.
As with the Marvel side, there are the returning characters from the first game: Chun-Li, Ryu, Zangief, Morrigan, Captain Commando, MegaMan, Strider, and Jin.
This game also adds in a slew of other fighters from multiple games in the Capcom library.

Felicia
A human/cat hybrid from the Darkstalkers fighting game of horror characters.  She is quick and nimble and uses cat based moves in her bag of tricks including scratches, cat litter, and other cat helpers.


Dan
A sort of joke character in the Street Fighter games who wants to be like Ryu and Ken but is too silly.  He throws cards and is a lot weaker than the others even as far as wearing a pink outfit.  His inclusion is very curious.


Guile
Another from Street Fighter, he is a US army man with a serious head of hair.  He can throw sonic booms and is a sort of average fighter type like captain america.


Amingo
He is a giant cactus creature from Mexico who uses various mexican dances and instruments in his moves.  He was created soley for this game with no other game association.  He is a larger character and a bit hard to use but fun.


Ken
From the Street Fighter games, Ken is just about the same as Ryu.  He can throw the same fireballs and all of his moves are pretty much the same but use fire.  He wears a red outfit and has long blonde hair to differenciate him from Ryu.


BB Hood
From the Darkstalkers game, she is a little girl based on little red riding hood who packs some serious heat.  She may look innocent but she has a ton of weaponry and guns and missles at her disposal.  She can also call upon the woodsmen to add some extra added firepower.  She is quick and has a lot of moves to constantly keep you on your toes.


SonSon
A monkey type creature from the old SonSon games from way back.  He or She....not sure....uses a large staff in their attacks and comes into battle on a flying cloud.


Charlie
Almost a Guile clone from Street Fighter, Charlie has almost the same moves and isn't much different from Guile, there really isn't anything that makes him stand out.


Akuma
An evil boss from previous Street Fighter games.  He is a bitter rival and enemy of Ryu and Ken and has the same moves as them except more powerful and quicker.


Ruby Heart
A pirate woman made soley for this game.  Her moves include treasure chests with ghosts and a large ship coming into battle for a charge attack, she can also provide moves involving water and a large anchor in her moves.


Dhalsim
An indian character from Street Fighter who can stretch his limbs and blow fire from his mouth.  He is a good character to use long range.


Anakaris
A mummy character from the darkstalkers game who uses various mummy-like moves to wrap the opponent up or use sarcophagus moves to crush or harm the opponent.


Hayato
A character from a game called Star Gladiator.  He uses a beam sword almost like a lightsaber and is rather quick with it.  His moves revolve around the sword and is good to use as a weapon character.


M. Bison
The boss character from Street Fighter who is always responsible for all the wrong doings in those games.  He is larger than usual in muscle mass and has powerful magic attacks, he looks like a general and has always tried to stop Ryu.


Sakura
A schoolgirl who is a big fan of Ryu from the Street Fighter games.  She is a physical fighter with not many magic moves and the ones she does have are almost like the ones that Ryu has.  She's another quicker character and is a more standard average fighter to use to get used to things.


Tron Bonne
A girl who sits inside a large robot to do all of her fighting.  She does everything she can do attack with the suit and what she can't do she has little Lego men do for her.  She comes from the MegaMan series and has helped him out in the past.


Cammy
My personal favorite from the Street Fighter games.  She is a leg heavy fighter using lots of kick and trip moves with little punching.  She used to work for M.Bison under mind control but has since been on her own.  The outfit in the game is different from what she usually wears but she controls just as good as in Street Fighter.


Jill Valentine
One of the main characters of the Resident Evil series, Jill arrives being able to use a lot of the weapons from the game including her gun and missile launcher.  She can also call out various enemies from the Resident Evil game for an extra added assist such as a crow, zombie dog, or a zombie itself.  Her special power move can call out the final boss of Resident Evil for help, the Tyrant.


Roll
A little robot girl from the MegaMan series who is weak and small and not capable of a lot.  Her moves are a lot like megaman even to the point of copying them but she isn't much of a character and rarely used.


Servbot
The little lego guy that helps out Tron Bonne is used by his lonesome.  He is very small and fast but because he is so small, his attacks don't hurt as much.  He is hard to hit due to his size and his special moves involve calling out other lego guys and growing in size to a huge lego man.




That takes care of the Capcom side of things, in the final installment, we take a look at the gameplay, the changes, the backgrounds, and the legacy that is Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

45 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. home and changing and then i'll be ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning, fell asleep super crazy last night and didn't get to do anything and woke up feeling depressed and more sick than before. Gonna be a tough day to get through. Hope your night went well and work goes slow so you can read lol I shall keep my eyes peeled for your reviews :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I
    HATE
    TRAFFIC
    and
    RUSH HOUR
    finally freaking home. Had to go to the exchange to get my dad something for tomorrow and then hit super rush hour. Takes so much time and gas out of my day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you can hang about in here while i get myself together and start painting. Feeling really sick and this cold is really starting to take over so I'm not doing so good

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Waaaay sicker than before and can barely function. Days are awful but trying to medicate and get through. I feel so sick it's crazy. Was gonna call off otday but am gonna try to go in. Hope your weeked goes much bettter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Still not sure how tomorrow is going to go unfortunately and annoyingly. So, so far I have headache, sinus pressure and pain, stuffy nose, runny nose, sneezing, coughing, and my right ear is plugged up. Wheeeeeee
    In other news, watched the power rangers movie and it was not good at all. It took aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages for it to get anywhere and they aren't rangers until the end where it's a quick sloppy battle and it was too modernized and too changed and I just didn't like it. There was a quick cameo of the orignal pink and green rangers in a crowd (tommy and kimberly) but yeah, took me two days to finish it because i fell asleep the first time. Pretty late so gonna be headin to bed, I am unsure if the mall thingy while i'm at work is still on but if it is i'll try and jump on here to at least say that to let you know. Hope the comics are coming along well teehee, goodnight

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pooball decided to stay home today uggghh
    so this rainy sick day continues. hopefully it does go fast and something works out quikcly, i'll try and keep you posted, i'm so sorry. I know this sucks so damn much, i look forward to reviews though. I love you

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i'm trying I really am. I just keep getting sicker and more down every day. I'm telling you she isn't going to stay here. Still having this sneezing coughing stuffy runny nose headache nauseous worn out tired watery eyes plugged up ears breakdownish ugh going on. You're right, it isn't fair. I'm not doing well at the moment but i really am trying. The entire dinner with my family the other night was just all about this and nothing else and pushing and hurry and lets go and then everyone was mad at me and it was a big waste of time. I just want to get over this flu before i break down, i promise so badly itll be okay i swear swear swear, i just want to cry

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I didn't mean to get all upset earlier. Just don't feel good and nothing seems to go right and it is upsetting. I know you don't have a lot of time and I am working on it and it really means a lot that you trust me. Tomorrow I have no idea what is going to happen but it prob won't be good. She has the day off and i think tuesday too but i am going to at the very least try and get maybe just a parents night on tuesday so we can watch a movie or something so you don't have to go so long. I'm so glad you are hanging in there and I feel so terrible. I had very weird not fun dreams and sleep is all messed up from being sick and stressed.
    On a lighter note I did get a few more things out of my cube including the harry potter saga scene it game and a book on 1001 movies that will change your life. Up late painting now and trying to get a trophy or two in this game called Gone Home, I was going to stream but you would've gone to sleep by now but I did want to put this message. Not well but hanging in there.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yeah I was taking a lot of dayquil and nose spray and cough medicine. Crazy that I felt it coming and it just grew so quickly and harshly.
    I will do my best to figure something out for tomorrow, it won't be something I'll just let go, don't worry. Even if it's just for a little bit. No huge updates, just her talking about apartments.
    I read a Batman graphic novel that was very good and poetic that involved scarecrow, mad hatter, and a night before xmas type story. Gonna start Hush next. Hope the comic reading got a little further for you today.
    My mom is going to really ruin a lot of my life for me if she doesn't settle down and quit pushing and getting angry and needing a text and talk and info and news and updates every single god damn half hour. It's ridiculous. If she doesn't hear her answer quickly she gets pissed that i ignore and hide and shun and they won't be around forever and then has my dad text saying that I promised I would be better. I can't deal with it, it's going to give me long lasting mental damage and they just don't care.
    I finally watched the trailer for Jumanji and Pitch Perfect 3. Not sure how I like jumanji but pitch looks interesting. I started watching the new Mystery Science Theater 3000 series on netflix and it's good, I didn't think it could come close to the orignal but i like it. Gonna try and get some sleep, haven't kept up with much gaming or movie news lately but i'll jump back in soon. Have a good night and keep cool, sweating myself. Really hope everyone can understand the patience as it will really pay off in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Megels, I'm really struggling with depression. Yesterday and today are so bad. I just want to stay at home and cry and cry and cry. I don't know how to make it go away. I barely got up today and have no idea how i'm going to make it through the work day. This is the absolute worst feeling. I don't know what to do. I'm upsetting you during this as well which is always something I never wanted to do. I can't forget you even if i wanted to. This feeling has caused me to take days off of work in the past or leave early and it's the worst feeling. It's been hard to sleep and get over the illness too because I don't want another day to end but I just want to curl up in a corner and just cry and not leave it. I don't know why i'm such a disaster who constantly messes everything up and hurts his own damn self. I'm going to try my damndest to get through the work day and i'll see you after work. Megels i'm really not handling well at all. at all.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  29. just got home and can meet you, i won't let this day go without you

    ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fell asleep on the floor watching mystery science theater, woke up feelin sick again but this time a different kind. The stomach flu kind. Really need to take a day off or something. I hate the feeling of wanting to cry just because i have to get up and leave for work. i have a feeling i'm not going to enjoy the day and will be feeling sickly depressed again. I really wish i could get past the super sad feelings. I'm sure it's a part of what's making me so sick.
    anyway, how about that rain last night?
    i'm sitting here typin on the toilet because my body hates me. Wish I had more for you but I literally just ate a little bit and fell asleep last night and woke up feeling sick and depressed.
    need to get cat litter.
    and lunch food.
    wish i could call off and not have it affect my money. today is not going to go well. blah, enough downer talk, hope your day goes well and you get good things accomplished at work, tty after work!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  33. literally just walked in because pittsburgh needs to work on every damn road at the same time and cause crazy traffic. There is no reason my commute home should be over an hour. no reason. Takes me a little over twenty minutes to get to work and a million hours to get home. ridiculous. BUT i'm home now at least, gonna take a little bathroom break and handle the call that is prob coming any second while i get all ready for you, what a day. what a day.

    ReplyDelete
  34. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  35. ready but taking sweet time calling so it's alright to start, don't want anything to be held up or take any longer. I'll just get the call when it comes, my butt hurts :(

    ReplyDelete
  36. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  37. on the call now, so ill be down, you can start walkin

    ReplyDelete
  38. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XilxJHv9qBI

    ReplyDelete
  39. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Update for you first, she does want to try and find a place in the next 2 weeks, so she says so i will keep an eye on it.
    But, now on to other things
    Stan Lee's wife died :(
    so sad and I don't want Stan to be all sad and i just know he's going to be heartbroken and die soon. They were married in like 1947 :o
    I started reading more Batman comics and started watching It, so far the acting is so cheesy, it's hard to be frightened by a clown that is played by Tim Curry, all I see is rocky horror lol. Pretty late again so I may just lay down and continue watching It. Hope your last day of work went well and the comics were good and i cant wait to read the reviews and and and and and

    ReplyDelete
  41. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  42. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I'm so sorry, I will respond to all this as soon as I can. Having a complete stressed out overwhelmed anxiety breakdown today and not even sure if i can go to work. No idea what's wrong but I just got hit with such a fall apart breakdown and am having some real difficulty with it. I'm hoping it's something I can push through today but man I haven't crashed this hard in a while. I really hope your day goes a lot better and I'll get on here as soon as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  44. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  45. i really want to see you now, need to see you, i can't not see you, i've missed you, i'm going outside

    ReplyDelete