Tuesday, February 26, 2019

A Frozen Moment in Time

The sound of a small fountain outside our window
The soft sheets with the polka dot comforter
I feel to the left of me and there you are
Your eyes aren't open but you still smile at me
Whispering your name charges our hearts for the day
Good morning Megels my darlin

Your beautiful eyes open across a pillow top
It seems for this moment time will stop
The earth slows and sounds wane
A frozen moment without stain

Your body is close to mine
Our hearts beat in time
With a smile of simple pleasure
This moment should last forever

Some say perfection is unattainable
For most things that's explainable
But in your arms and with your heart's affection
I have found a brief moment of perfection

Later when we are sitting with our toes in the sand
Staring at the skies
The sun dipping lower
I look into your beautiful brown eyes
You see what I am feeling
I know you feel it too

We wanted time to just stand still
Then forever there'd be me and you
Why can't we freeze that moment
Return to it in time
Stay together through the years

Proclaim I'm yours and you are mine
So let us freeze this moment
Keep it and label it as ours
Nobody can take it away from us
Not as long as you are mine and I am yours

The secret is that every moment with you
Is that moment that time stands still
Perfect utopia and the happiest that can be
Only one person has ever made me feel that way

That person is you Megels dew drop
A love that conquers all
Missing you more and more
My heart beating ever longer

For you

Always

Love, Your Edward
xoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxo

No comments:

Post a Comment