Tuesday, February 4, 2020

A Fantasy Waiting For Its Happy Ending

You were a dream
A dream that filled my thoughts
And my loneliest nights

You were the dream I held on to, Megels
The dream my heart longed to one day have

You were the dream that made me smile
An escape from my reality
A fantasy I longed to one day come true

Once only my dream, my escape, my fantasy
Came true the day when I first saw you darlin

My dream that used to be
Became a reality embodied in you

A fantasy waiting for its happy ending
Was a fairytale come true

Once my only escape
Was then the comfort that I lived for

Together we had been through the heartaches
The pain of walking away or being left behind

Every new road we had to take
Because of the choices we had to make
Only paved the road
That brought us closer to one another

Life may not have been easy
With all the burdens and drama
That life hands to us
But when you find someone
To share your life with
No drama is hard to handle
No burden is hard to bare

When you have someone
The one you've dreamed of
Then your life becomes the escape you both take
To get away from the reality that surrounds

I know because
I found that love
My lifetime partner
My soul mate
In you, Megels

You're the reason for the butterflies
The ones fluttering uncontrollably inside of me
Those butterflies will never calm
They've taken over my whole body

You're  the reason
The reason I believe in love
The reason I'll always save my heart for you

Always

Love, Your Edward
xoxoxooxoxoxxooxxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment