Friday, February 7, 2020

The Rest of My Days Gazing Into Your Eyes

When you came to my door that night, Megels
And your beautiful eyes gazed at me
From the darkness within
The world around me came to a stop
For just a few seconds
As I saw the love from within you

You looked at me with your warm smile
Your brown hair around your face
And whispered softly 'hey darlin'
And once again
I was at your mercy

For when you look into my soul
And I hear the sound of your sweet voice
My heart opens to you my love
With all of my dreams now fulfilled

I never knew that a love like this
Could ever exist
A love that consumes me
A love so powerful
And so overwhelming
That I fear if I were without it
My heart would no longer have a meaning
To its existence
For the love that flows through it now
Is what keeps me alive
Keeps me whole

As I gazed into your eyes my darlin dew
Down into the depths of your very being
I can see the love you felt for me
A love as strong as my own
A love that fills me so full of emotion
So full of hope for the future
That I pray I will spend the rest of my days
Gazing into your eyes

Whether it be soon or later
No matter how long I have to wait
It will always be worth it
Just to experience a future with you

Always

Love, Your Edward
xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxxoxoxoxoxooxoxxooxoxoox


No comments:

Post a Comment