She was wearing a beautiful dress and holding the biggest bouquet of flowers she had ever been given. Looking in the mirror she was full of excitement and happiness that she never thought she would feel again. The day was gorgeous with plenty of sunshine and birds chirping and while she was secluded in her own little tent away from it all, she felt like she was exactly where she belonged. She had been looking forward to this day for quite a while and knew that once that grand adventure was over she would be able to enjoy this day for the rest of her life. Wondering how good Edward would look, Meg stepped out of her tent and made her way to the main setup. There was numerous family members and friends in attendance and the organ began to play for her walk down the aisle. At the end she saw him, handsome and outfitted in the best suit he could find. His smile made her weak in the knees and it took everything in her to not go running down the aisle to him. Her approach was calm and calculated and once she reached the front she gave him the biggest smile. He returned with a smile of his own. "You ready darlin?"
"Born ready dew drop."
The priest gave the usual marriage texts with most of it not being heard by the lovers who could not stop staring into one another's eyes. Once they reached the part they both knew they were waiting for, it was the culmination of a long journey with the best of rewards.
"I do."
"I do."
They kissed with their audience cheering and Meg felt so much relief drift off into the heavens. The journey was definately one for the books but for it to end with this made it all worth it.
The smile she carried in the dream transferred over into reality when she was awoken by Edward still in the red limo.
"Hey sweetness, found a place. Come on, I'll get you all tucked in."
She nodded and followed him, an annoyance creeping over her when she saw Victoria walking along with them. There was nothing she could do to earn any trust from her, it was just one of those people. The hotel wasn't anything special but it was nice to finally be in a bed again where she could spread out and get some decent sleep.
Only could she?
It was almost impossible to feel relaxed enough to drift away knowing Victoria was in the same room. She rolled over to Edward and held on to him and whispered. "I can't sleep. I just can't with her here."
"We just need to trust her for a little while."
"Well I don't."
"Neither do I but sometimes people can surprise you. In my line of work I've been surprised quite a few times by some people. Plus, word of the Royal Darkness' members gets around. Especially her. She isn't a flip flopper and has a legendary status of always keeping her word. I don't know, it's always going to feel fishy but if anything we can use her. We are closer than ever to the coast, once we get there and the case then we will make sure everything is in our court."
"I just don't know."
"I understand your worries, let me hold you and try and get some sleep. You can trust me. And if we wake up again and she is gone then I'm going to count that as a win anyways."
"I wish I had your trust. I just can't trust her. But I'll try to sleep. I swear if she tries anything then I'm kicking your ass for reassuring me."
"I will let you. Goodnight sweetheart. I love you."
He kissed her and she laid her head on his chest and did her best to sleep.
Victoria was in the bed across the room not facing them trying to wrestle her own demons. The echoing words of her past continued to torment her. This job could benefit everyone involved, a chance for everyone to get out and start the life they wanted. She could hear them speaking and knew she would have to earn their trust, but above anything she wanted to watch them and learn. Learn what it was like to be in love and care more about the person than the business.
Dante paced in his office awaiting a check in call. He finally got one before he was ready to just forget about it and run some errands.
"Dante. Speak."
"The boss took a squad of men with her sir and never came back. Never checked in or made any contact either. The remote we were tracking went dead in the middle of a road near Ormond City."
"Well that's not good. Has anyone gone out to check what happened?"
"We sent a few men out and all that was at the scene was a car filled with bullets and the bodies of our men. Interesting thing is that our boss' wasn't among them."
"That's good. On a few levels. She must be with them, give her another day and if there is still no contact then contact me again. I'll have my own men ready and set out myself. This couple is more equipped than I gave them credit for. I'll speed the process up."
"Yes sir."
The phone went dead and Dante looked at his date book. He had some time opened up to put a pin on this situation. What the hell was with this couple? He cracked his fingers and beeped in his receptionist.
What seemed like a miracle, Meg woke up hours later to the morning sun feeling quite rested. Edward was still under her snoozing away and across the room the body of Victoria was still under the covers. Okay, made it through the night and she didn't try anything, I guess that's progress. Still don't trust her enough though.
After getting themselves together they all grabbed a small breakfast they could eat along the way and Edward took over driving the limo again as they powered down the moutainside towards their next and hopefully final before the big one, destination.
The city loomed up over the hills looking like a sprawling metropolis with large buildings, dozens upon dozens of shops, and what Meg could put together, what a real prospering city should look like. She was a little excited.
Edward eased on the gas as they approached. "We will stop here for the day and gather ourselves and do what we need to before we take that final stretch to the coast. Victoria you will handle selling or getting rid of this red menace and getting some new wheels. We will check around the area for a place to stay for the day and places to restock."
"You don't have to lie. If you want a day to yourselves you can just tell me. I do understand."
"Just worry about the cars."
She watched them hold hands over the gear shift of the car and tried to distract herself by looking out of the window.
The entering of the city was an awesome site with all the people going about and the shiny skyscrapers that lined the streets. This was what Meg thought Los Angeles must look like, where all the Hollywood people lived. A shoe store passed them by and took her full attention. Yep, this was some place she wanted to stop at.
"We will get out and trade seats up here at this building, Get in touch with us as soon as you handle the wheels and we will go it from there."
Victoria nodded already trying to form a plan as to what to do with the limo.
Price was in a dark alley near the riverfront next to his car. Another car had pulled up and a man wearing a trenchcoat and hat stood in the shadows across from him.
"They will be in Ormond City now, I need you to find them and kill the male. The woman has what I want, get it from her by any means necessary. Once you have it, I want all the intel I can get on Dante. That fucker is going to screw me the first second he gets, I want to get to him before that. The names of the couple are Edward and Meg, I want this done fast and discreet. They've taken down some heavy hitters so far so approach this with extreme professionalism."
"It'll be done. Already have some guys up in that city."
"I cannot stress enough to get the information and the case first, then I don't care what you do with them."
"We got a deal."
The shadowy figure drove off and Price looked out over the waterfront. "Your time is running out. I want my case back and I'm sick of waiting around."
From across the river he heard some low noises and yelling. Chances were, someone was on his turf and are now paying for it. Might cheer him up to go visit. He grabbed a crowbar out of his trunk and then sped off towards the location.
TO BE CONTINUED...........
xoxoxoxeverythingworkingoutsowellsoonahhloveyouxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment