Price wandered around his office coming down off of a particularly angry rant. He rested up a bit and was ready to take on the day with newfound passion. He was starting to get paranoid and anxious about getting this job done. As much as he put his faith in Dante and his team, this was also a business where you could be double crossed at any time. Running through time frames and distances, he calculated out a plan that he could handle himself. Reaching out to a third party wasn't something he usually did but this guy was so far outside the system that he was considered a shadow, which until this time hadn't worried him. The paranoia of trust was swimming through his head making the room spin. Dante had more than him, more power and reach, he could find them out and track it back. This whole thing was spiraling out of control all because of a stupid case that was so damn sentimental to him. One of his men came into the room with an envelope.
"Sir this was dropped off for you."
He took the parcel form his hands. "Thank you."
Inside was a letter hand written out.
-Traveling to destination. Collecting information from witnesses. Will respond back soon with update-
"Great, at least he is on his way but the vagueness is annoying."
He crumpled up the paper and tossed it at his desk. Walking over to his desk, he clicked the button on the box on the corner. "Samantha, cancel everything I've got this week and bring me my things. I'm taking a trip."
Miles away, the trench coated man knocked on the door of a farmhouse. A man opened the door.
"Can I help you?"
"Sir, sorry to bother you, if it'd be alright, I'd like to as you some questions."
"Is that so?"
"I'm looking for some information, I heard you've run into a couple recently."
The man stares at the coated man and then called in to his wife before opening the door.
The food was delivered to the table and two beautiful steaks sizzled in their juices in front of the couple. Meg's eyes widened at the sight of the delicious food.
"Oh wow. That is the sexiest piece of meat I've ever seen. I'm so excited to taste it!"
"I've had some good steaks before but this looks amazing."
She cut into hers first and let the flavors explode around her mouth. "Mmmmm, I'm never going to be able to enjoy any other food ever again unless it's this steak."
"It is very good. Great day, great food, great girl."
She smiled and crinkled her nose at him.
"After this I'm going to start asking around some local businesses to see what are some good places to stay."
"I could stay up here in the clouds eating steak all day."
"Then you wouldn't have any time to look at the shoe store."
"Don't tease me. You know I'll go spider monkey on you."
"Oh I know it."
"I've been thinking, and I think we can use Victoria for leverage."
"You think she has that much importance to sway those gangs?"
"Well you said she was a legend and one of the best. It could go two ways. Have her on our side for connections and help or hold her for some leverage in being left alone."
"Hmmm, the first has a bit more push for us. The thing with these gangs is that if a big one is taken down then it's better for others. They can move up and take that place."
"I want to believe she is on our side or can be trusted but how can we possibly be sure of that?"
"Because we'd be dead by now."
She gave a nod of acknowledgement and finished her meal. Leaning back, she looked out over the city and felt a wonderful feeling of being full.
"She could be doing anything right now, I say we just do what we need to and move on without her."
"We will see what and if she comes back with and see what goes from there."
"Well until then, I want to spend this gorgeous day with you."
"Couldn't agree more."
"Not for a week or anything, I still want to get moving."
"Of course, I think I saw a nice clothing store and a theater near the east part of the city."
"Speaking my language dew drop."
The couple smiled into one another's eyes and continued their lunch date, their legs curled around one another under the table.
A man's body lay near a river wrapped in a blanket, a woman stood over it staring at the motion of the water. She hadn't set out to kill anyone but her emotions go away from her and something snapped. Victoria looked back at the limo, it had taken her a few minutes to clean the back seat but to look at it now you'd never know anything happened. She thought that after so many jobs she would have become numb to things like this by now. Her emotions were getting the best of her. Lifting the body, she tossed it into the water creating a big splash and she watched it sink until it disappeared and all she could see was her own reflection. A mirror image of herself staring right back. It was a frightening thought but she wasn't sure she recognized the person looking right back. Wiping away a tear, she got a hold of herself. This wasn't going to get anywhere if she didn't end this and get things moving. With a deep breath, she pushed her emotions away and looked out across the water. A man was staring form across the way and once seen stepped around the wall and disappeared.
"Shit."
That wasn't just a random person, she had seen that style of dress before. She couldn't remember who or where but it wouldn't be surprising if she was now being followed. Dante wasn't one to fool around and her moment of weakness must've given him reason to take more charge. She clenched her fist.
"You want to play this game? Fine. I'm getting your damn case."
The marquee above the theater was lit up with what seemed like a thousand light bulbs and Meg was almost hopping up and down with excitement.
"No way! A stage play of Pride and Prejudice??? That's my favorite book! I was always upset that our city never had a playhouse or even a theater."
"I'm sure they've tried but it's not the best area for fun in that city."
"We should really be getting on and to the coast but....."
"Look sweetness, we're here and if anyone deserves a fun evening, it's you beautiful."
She couldn't help herself. "I can't pass this up, this and then back to business."
"Sounds good to me. It's contagious seeing you so excited."
"I defy you to be just as excited once you've seen it Mr. Darcy."
"Who?"
"You'll find out, let's go!"
She pulled him towards the ticket counter and they got two tickets, she kissed him with more passion than he had seen so far and they walked arm in arm into the theater, the lunch date turning into a beautiful afternoon date. The theater doors closed behind them and another man in a coat turned his gaze from them back to his newspaper. Waiting.
TO BE CONTINUED...............
xoxoxoxxomissinmylobsterxxoxoxoxoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment