The lights of the theater went down and the couple were seating amongst others ready to watch the play. Meg was already thinking about which part she was more excited to see and running through the whole story in her mind. Edward could feel the grip of her hand as the play started and he could feel the energy flowing through her that began to transfer over to him. The theater was a magical place for the both of them. Once the lights went down it was like they were transported to a different world, far away from the dangers and awfulness of the real world and the past time running from gangs who wanted them eliminated. The quiet hush over the crowd melted away any anxiety left and upon seeing the first actors come out on stage she was already deep within the world. Her eyes followed each scene taking it all in and reciting the words that the performers spouted almost in unison. She laughed with each funny line and cried when the emotions ran high. It was hard for Edward to watch the show as he kept wanting to watch her instead. The awe and satisfaction in her face was intoxicating. Looking at her face being lit up by the stage lights and seeing her eyes follow each performer was like watching art being created right in front of him. He heard the words of the play being said and saw the effects of the story's emotional impact being painted in front of him. Her hand gripped his harder with each dramatic beat and was a silent indicator as to which scene was an important one. She was in perfect bliss, he had never seen her like this before. It was a beautiful sight to see her finally without any worry or thoughts of the situation they were in and to just completely be happy and content. It was in that moment that further cemented his desire to wed her, to see her face when waking up every morning and feel her body next to his every night. There would be nothing short of the gods that would stop him. The play was nearing the end and she shed a tear, not out of sadness but because she was transported so well and was so entertained that it was an experience she would never forget. The lights came up and Edward was looking into her eyes and they held one another feeling an elevated sense of love between them, the play serving as the vessel that took them to new heights.
The bearded man in a coat hid his movement well and ducked between buildings and tried to keep to places where he could blend in without being noticed. He had to find himself a pay phone to report his findings and what to do next. The woman seemed to be on her own and had disposed of a body it seemed. The vehicle fit the description of what the Royal Darkness usually traveled in. He didn't know all of the facts surrounding her or why that gang was in this area but it was suspect to see just the one and no other men around. This was either a bigger more secret job than told or the woman was breaking code and going off job. He made his way closer to the last phone he had taken note of when he felt something jab against his back and he was grabbed by the arm.
"Just keep walking and follow my lead."
"The hell is this?"
"Just do what I say or so help me God."
He did what she said and let her lead him through a crowd and down a back alley towards a dead end with some dumpsters and some vents spewing smoke from kitchens. Once they reached the end, she threw him up against the wall and put a small gun up to his chin.
"Who the hell are you and why are you watching me?"
"I'm not watching anyone, you got the wrong person lady."
"Oh please, don't jerk me around. I know how the game works. Now who the hell are you?"
"I"m nobody."
"Real cute, You start talking and I don't start blowing pieces of you off."
"You sound upset, like you got caught doing something you shouldn't have."
"You messed with the wrong bitch, I warned you."
She aimed to the ground and shot the man's foot. He screamed in pain and she shoved the gun back to his neck.
"Who are you working with and why are you here?"
"You're crazy, I should be asking you the same question. You still doing a job?"
"So, they don't trust me. Should've seen it coming, kind of started it myself but still. Was it Price or Dante?"
"What does it matter?"
"I have at least four more reasons in this barrell to convince you."
"You were given a job, didn't fulfill it and gave reason for us to continue without you."
"This is still my job, maybe one day you'll understand."
"We understand the business, you do the job to the end."
"Yeah, well I have a message you can give your so called bosses."
She aimed and shot at his crotch, destroying his manhood. His screams filled the alley and he dropped to his knees holding his groin. She walked away down the alley.
"You tell whoever, I know what I want and how I want my life to be and if they get in my way again, I won't be so forgiving. Lest they forget, I've got a lot on them too."
Price was at home in bed and was tossing and turning, hoping he could fall asleep soon. His personal phone began to ring and he picked it up.
"What."
"This situation is a lot more dangerous than orignally thought."
"What?"
"You didn't inform us of who we were going to be dealing with. Our price has gone up, we will be in touch."
The phone went dead and Price was sitting up in bed.
"God damn Royal Darkness is a pain in my ass. At least they are there. I swear to god if this takes any longer."
The couple exited the theater hand in hand smiling. She regailed him with stories of the first time she read the book and which parts of the play were her favorite.
"I could listen to you describe your favorite things all day."
"Don't test me darlin, I'll definately give your ears an adventure."
"The way you took in the performances I could see it in your eyes that you were being taken somewhere."
"Well, it isn't my favorite book for no reason."
"How about we find a nice place to rest up and then get some dinner. If we're lucky, Victoria will wait a little before coming to find us."
"That's some luck I'm definately hoping for."
"I think I saw a tall hotel tower at the end of the street where we had lunch earlier, the bigger it is the more chance there is for some open rooms."
"I think we should come back here again sometime. There's so many places that we can't get to and who knows what else is around here."
"I agree, today was magical and can only imagine how much more we could experience here. I promise I'll bring you on some more dates here, I want to keep that smiling going for the rest of our lives."
"You're too sweet dew drop."
They continued walking up the street, painfully unaware of the coated man who was following behind them blending in with the crowd. After a few minutes of walking they happened upon the hotel and spoke with the front counter. To their luck there were plenty of rooms open and they took one that was higher up so that the view was just as good as it was earlier in the day.
The coated man stood outside taking note of where they were going and then made his way up town to find the nearest phone.
Victoria sat in the front seat of the red limo outside of a car dealership and couldn't find the energy to get out. She knew this was the next step but it was becoming very difficult for her to take that step. This case was becoming her ticket to her new life. There was an anxiety and excitement in her chest that finally gave her the push she needed to begin this journey. If they were going to threaten her then they better be ready for when she finds this case and comes back at them. She wanted this new life with a family and they had better be prepared for when she was on her way back. Love or the job? The answer was and always would be love. She stepped out of the car and walked with determination to the dealer.
TO BE CONTINUED......................
xoxoxoxoxmissthewayyoufeeldewdropxoxoxoxoxoxoox
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment