Wednesday, May 22, 2019

My Heart Belongs To Nobody Else, Darlin

Remember our white walled apartment
Our bed with the polka dot sheets
Night table on each side
Behind us was the big window
Where we could hear the pond

In your arms, a world of grace
I knew that I had found my place
Your wonderful smile, the sound of your voice
It was perfectly clear, I had no choice

Down our hallway to the main room
Kitchen fridge with magnetic alphabet letters
Your little carrot pot scrubber
Cabinets full of snacks and soups
Sammy's leash in the bottom cabinet

Your gentle hand reached out to mine
Something I thought I would never find
When I gazed into your eyes
A heart protected, lost its disguise

You wanted my opinion on the new couch
Be You Tiful painting hanging above it
Our balcony with the chairs right nearby
Coming out there, your feet in my lap, stars above
Your head laying on me, us on the couch
Playing with your hair

A strange sensation came over me
My step was light, my heart was free
The only thing that can be true
Is that I had fallen in love with you

You broke the key in the lock
I pushed the bug with a broom on the balcony
You hung up my canvases that you liked
Left messages to one another on the counter

A path of roses
Sunlit trails
A golden sun
Our love unveils

Walking in the gentle wind
Soft kisses on my skin
Hand in hand we go along
A pretty bird singing our song

How we laid on the beach peeking out of one eye
Splashing in the water, laughing
Your voice singing to me in the car
Wearing nerdy shirts we both would understand

Side by side we walk
With love steady as a rock

I have never met anyone I shared so much with
All our interests and common dreams
We didn't have to hide or change
Two short nerds on the grandest adventure
My heart belongs to nobody else

I miss you so much, Megels
You are my true darlin dew drop

Always

Love, Your Edward
xoxooxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment