Friday, January 31, 2020

It Is You, Darlin, Who Stole My Heart

We had climbed the tall blue mountain
To touch the eagle's wing
Trekked the valley far below them
To drink from crystal springs

We had walked among the tall grasses
Through wildflowers we were lead
They stood like noble kinds and queens
With crowns upon their heads

The goldfinch and her family
They kiss like you and I
In the morning and come the evening
They sing sweet lullabies

I look back across the seasons
Thankful you were there
To have wrapped my arms around you
Put ribbons in your hair

If tomorrow holds my promise
It will be to forever gaze into your eyes, Megels
And dance with you forever
In a land with no good byes

When I look back
On the dreams I left behind
buried there in all my thoughts

I saw you, Megels, as I saw you then
Through love's impassioned blindness
A heart so fashioned there within
Filled with love and kindness

How often has my heart declared
With anguish, for my words are few
That the wind shall blow a little longer
To keep me here with you

Sweeter still are the pains of love
The bonds of love grow stronger
Even after the moonlight has gone to sleep
I shall always love you longer

No other can stir my heart so deep
Or thrill me through and through
And in my dreams there will never be
No other love but you

When I look back at times gone by
There is one sure thing I know
It is you, darlin, who stole my heart
And it will beat every day hoping to be back with you

Always

Love, Your Edward
xoxoxxooxoxoxoxoxooxxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment