People speak of fate
And meetings of chance
Finding of soul mates
And love at first glance
Alignment of planets
Shooting stars up above
Fullness of the moon
And pairs of white doves
I've never taken stock
In these symbols and signs
But having met you, Megels
Proved I'd been blind
Poets write of hearts
Eternal devotion
Flames of desire
And new found emotion
Love ever lasting
A lifetime of bliss
Heaven here on Earth
The passion of a kiss
I've never found valid
These words foolishly penned
Then you graced my presence darlin
And proved me wrong again
Singers sing of heartache
And the one that got away
Internal emptiness
Pain that still remains
Missed opportunities
The hollowness of night
Paths that never cross
Timing that wasn't right
I never dreamed those songs
Could ever ring so true
Until I thought of life
Without ever knowing you
Days waking up and hearing you gaming
The laughs we could share all through the day
Making each other dinner
Making you artsy things
The way you would smile at me
Crinkling that beautiful nose of yours
There's an endless list of things I miss about you
But, Megels, just you I miss the most
Too much of my heart is yours
Hoping and wishing that one day
I can give the rest to you
Always
Love, Your Edward
xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment