I was lonely and somewhat lost
I wanted a companion and friend
I took the plunge, I stepped in
Nervous and unsure, I waded in
Inexperienced and quite unsure
Feeling trepidation, I wondered if I did right
Feeling shy but needing a lady's company
I took a chance, to see what would occur
Surprise, shock and so much joy
I found the woman of my dreams, I won first prize
Gentle, caring, trusting, and sensuous, along you came Megels
Into my life, you brought happiness, fulfillment
And everything I had secretly yearned for
Not sure how to cope and react
From that first meeting I was complete
Such emotions flowed through me
That I believed I would never feel
Beauty, tenderness, faith, desire, and love came fast
All my hidden dreams were answered
By your marvelous presence
From that first meeting, who would believe
Such a strong romance would start
When we are together all I need
Is in my arms, in my heart
You are on my mind every minute of every day
Not one goes by where I don't remember
Where we lived and what it looked like
How we went to bed every night
The way you'd look at me every day
Send me funny pictures and goofy faces
The way you said you loved me so much
How it will be us in the end you always hoped
I can't move on without you
There were words you said to me
I remember where I was and how cold I felt
Your voice on the phone in my ear
You didn't get with someone new
Because they weren't me
Those were your words
My heart practically exploded
The same words I speak to you now Megels
Nobody is you
No matter who or what happens
None of them are you
If it is my destiny to be alone for the rest of my days
Then so be it
Because there is only one space in my heart open
And that spot is for you darlin
Always
Love, Your Edward
xoxoxoxoxoxooxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment