Wednesday, August 1, 2018

An Invitation to a First Special Place

When two people are meant to be, things begin to line up and happen that lay out a path that is filled with fun and adventure.  Just being able to live with the prettiest girl and wake up to her smiling face every day was a gift I would pray for every day of my life.  December brought with it a season of joy and a week of family plans that provided a new experience for me.  An offer was presented to join her side to accompany them to the theme park of Universal Studios.  I had read up a lot on the park as well as we both did a while back looking into the Harry Potter world that had been opened up.  Our vow to go there someday had now come to fruition and my mind could hardly make sense of it all.  Laying in bed I found myself actually worried that having fun would upset my family at home as it would show them that I was indeed capable of having a happy life not being near them.  Which I was.  But a part of me felt bad and it wouldn't have if my mother would have taken things better and been more supportive.  But, there was no way I was going to let this opportunity pass me by.  I couldn't say yes faster and made sure I was all ready to go and had my directions with me so that the next day I could drive out to meet them at the hotel they were staying at.  Before I knew it I was off towards the funnest most amazing place I had ever been to.  When you get to the park you are directed to an area to park your car in that was labeled as a character that was in the park.  So your section was either ET, Spider-Man, and so on.  We walked to the main area, peeking out of the windows as we went at the various colors and shapes of things that we would soon be seeing up close.  I didn't care if anyone noticed but I was jumping out of my skin with excitement and had looked up what was there the night before and was itching to see how the Spider-man ride was.  The overwhelming wave of things to look at and see and experience was like an electric shock to my system and I was so lucky and happy that Megels was there to experience it for the first time with me.  It was now our special place that we had only been to with each other.  The first place we walked through was the Marvel island where there was an incredible hulk coaster that I was a little too nervous to ride right away and then the fabled Spider-Man ride that her family walked by towards the next section.  Well, we'd come back to ride it right?  Right?  After that was a section devoted to older cartoons and we tried to name what we could and posed with a photo setup that made it look like a dog was carrying you away very fast through the air.  As I write this I am remembering that we went the other way first, through the Dr.Suess land with its uncomfortable Cat in the Hat ride and a train ride that took you over the rooftops of the rest of the area.  Right past that was a small little bridge that led to a large statue and what at first got us excited that it may be Harry Potter but it wasn't.  We were so amped and this area was more of a short little attraction place with live shows and a restaurant but after that.....after that was the big big excitement.  Walking forward we saw the snow covered tops of houses and an archway that opened up to see the Hogwarts Express.  We were finally there.


This was wonderland come to life.  There weren't and still aren't words to describe just how magical the experience is stepping into the world come alive right in front of your eyes.  To make it that much better, they played theme music from the movies over the air to put you completely immersed in the environment.  I lost count of how many times me and Megels smiled and looked at each other in awe.  Everything you could think of was there and down to the last detail.  We tried our first butter beers and made our way to Hogwarts castle itself.  The castle was practically life size and once inside, your eyes were melted by the exact replica of everything.  The pictures on the walls moved and talked and you got to see Dumbledore's office and Harry, Hermione, and Ron themselves in one room practicing magic.  At the end of it all was the ride where they buckled you into a 'floating' chair and me and Megels kept leaning out to look at each other screaming like children.  The ride was like nothing I had ever been on before.  Through the use of large screens and physical props and more I was transported to actually being in the world.  From dragons to living trees to riding broomsticks with Harry, I was going to need surgery to get the smile off of my face.  Me and Megels were blown away and could not stop talking about how amazing the ride was for the next two hours.  In order to get to the next area we would take the Hogwarts Express itself which played a video on the window to simulate us actually going through the mountains towards the new area.
On the other side we were greeted with more movie themed rides as well as more Harry Potter world.  A simpsons ride made everyone feel sick and the Mummy ride turned out to be Megel's favorite ride of the park.  She was a big fan of the movies and being able to see it all and coaster through the world was something she really got a kick out of.  The other side of the park contained a less than thrilling Twister ride that thankfully isn't there anymore, an ET ride that was not so much fun, a men in black ride, and an area that was made up to look like a street in old hollywood.  We got to ride the transformers ride that was a combination of 3D and all sorts of tricks to make you feel like you were actually there with the most fun we had was making fun of the little mouth of one of the robots when he talked on the video while waiting in line.  The park was a dream come true and I wouldn't have wanted it to have been with anyone else.  Falling in love with Megels was the best thing to ever happen to me and the fact that we were achieving something we were only just talking about doing months before was eye opening as to how wonderful our connection was.  The entire family knew what I was waiting for too and at the end of the day we made our way over to the Spider-man ride and my mind was blown in a million directions.  Me and my love again loved the quotes of the in line video especially of Hydro Man.
Gonna take a bite out of the big apple!
You're takin a dive!
The ride is easily the best ride i've ever been on in my life and I loved it so much I still watch videos of the ride online while I'm at home.


The end of the wonderful day was made complete by holding my love's hand and walking our way past the large lake in the middle of the park and to city walk.  Our feet were yelling at us for what we put them through all day but I couldn't have been happier.  Every ride holding her hand and experiencing everything the park offered for the first time with her was the best dream I could have.  The funnest park in the world with the most beautiful girl in the world.  While there I bought us wands that we could use in special points in Harry Potter world to perform magic and it was such a good feeling to be with someone who felt the same as me and wanted to do just the same things.  Our connection was shooting hearts into the air and our nerdy little selves were smiling ear to ear.  Universal is our special place and means a lot to me.  It was a place that only me and her experienced and made our own.  The wonderful night ended with me and the girl of my dreams in the spare bedroom snuggled together after one of the best days we had together.  I kissed her with the most love I could give and we fell asleep in each other's arms, wands at our sides.
I was very lucky and thankful that I was invited along to the park and was very grateful too.  It was a super fun day that set in motion even more of those days to come along in the future, making Universal more and more our place.  December was off to a very wonderful start.

The story continues in part 12............................

Missing you like crazy darlin dew drop.  My thoughts are full of you and the smiles we share.  Universal with you always brings a smile to my face.  I want to go again with you dressed in Hogwarts robes with our wands and ride all the rides, even the one I always skipped.  I've been watching Home Improvement and of all shows it has made me really want to start a family.  I imagined reading to the baby through your tummy and at night before they go to bed I'd read Harry Potter in all the voices.  With each day I send more and more of my heart to you.  My nerdy sweetheart who makes my heart fill with butterflies that she is the one who watched the force awakens trailer over and over, wore Marvel shoes, had a ninja turtle pencil topper, wore her hey listen shirt, wanted to go to all comic cons with me, and the girl who I would fight voldemort just to be close to.  I love you with everything in me and miss you with even more.  My heart is yours dew drop.  Always.

Love, Your Edward

xoxoxooxxooooooxoxoxoxoxox



No comments:

Post a Comment