I pick up the anchor as the boat rocks to and fro, placing the weight inside to balance the wooden transport.
The sun has already set making the view of all around me more difficult to see.
Finishing off the last of dinner, I go inside to take a look at the current course.
Above the maps and compasses there are photos of you, of us. Smiling. Happy.
The boat rolls overtop of the water in such a way that it makes the photos look like we are dancing.
Being lost at sea looking for my love was a quest worth taking on no matter what the cost.
Days would go by but I knew she was out there. The brunette maiden of my heart.
Storms would pass every now and again, each one threatening to wipe me out.
To throw me off course.
To turn me around.
But it wouldn't matter if God himself threw the worst tsunami he had at me, my heart would still right the way and steer me towards you.
I had named the boat Megels, after you. Both of you keeping me going in your own ways.
As the sky got darker, the stars began to spread themselves out over the canopy of space above me.
The compass shown where I should be going and I corrected the wheel to ensure my way.
Being without you is not easy, nothing seemed right.
The home felt bigger, the days filling with nothing.
My thoughts of you excited me and made me yearn to have you in my arms again.
I could hear the dolphins splashing nearby. Having fun and inviting others to join them.
They dove above the water as if silently telling me that I was on the right course.
The sea would be my enemy but the if the reward was you then I would fight until the end.
I stepped out onto the deck and made my way to the front of the ship.
Holding the rail I steadied myself and looked off to the horizon.
I whispered into the night for any and all that could hear me.
Megels, my love, guide me. Lead me to you so that I may be with you.
Above me in the sky there was a glint that was brighter than the others.
One of the stars began to shone with a brilliance bringing all attention to it.
There you are my darling.
I ran back inside and adjusted the course so that my boat was now following the glistening sky jewel.
The sea got rougher as if to try its best to keep me away.
Turning the wheel I took it on with determination, keeping one eye on the star in the sky.
You were leading me to you, the star making me feel the way your heart does to mine.
As the hours went on I finally saw through the mist a large dark mass slowly approaching.
There was a sound softly carrying over the breeze that I could barely hear.
It was beautiful and had an effect that was instantly calming.
It was your voice.
I could hear you singing and enticing me closer to where you were.
My seafaring vehicle made it to the dark cave and I guiding my way inside.
It was dark all except a light shining in the back.
The closer I got the clearer it was and right at the back I saw you.
You were gorgeous.
Your beautiful brown hair dancing in the breeze and your body beckoning me forward.
I parked the ship and made my way on foot to be near you.
All that time at sea and I had finally found you.
Your beauty was more than I could have ever remembered and I reached out my hand to you.
Your voice calming every nerve in my body and your hand reached back out to mine.
When our fingers touched I knew that I had found the best treasure in all of the land.
I had found my one.
I would be the luckiest man in the world being able to call myself yours.
The sea had tried to stop me that day but nothing could stop my love for the siren of the sea.
The beautiful dew drop that was you.
Missing you tons darling. Thinking of you so much and laying in bed fantasizing of you next to me. I miss your voice, your touch, your laugh. My heart beats continuously to be yours and to be your happily ever after part two. No rough seas, no dangerous storms, no adventure too tough to not be worth being next to you. I love you with all of my heart darlin, always.
Love, Your Edward
xoxoxoxxxxxxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
No comments:
Post a Comment