Monday, August 6, 2018

Friend Filled New Year with my Love

She was beauty, she was a vision, she was all that I ever needed and everything I ever would.  While we were down in Florida, we had visited and were visited by her friend and her husband for an increasingly more frequent time.  It wasn't crazy because it was Megel's only friend from back home down there and at the moment really the only person that we knew to hang out with.  I wasn't a big fan of this friend even before I knew Megels.  She had a habit of being a handful and a bit controlling.  She was a good person at heart but it seemed to look like the more time she spent down there at her new home the worse she was as a person.  There were good nights where we would sit outside with others around a backyard fire and talk and listen to stories.  Dinner was had a few times and her friend liked it when I complained about my jobs, especially one in particular.  "Turquoise, everywhere."  But the only places her friend wanted to go were bars and out at night drinking and the frequency of these times started to become a more than weekly event.  Megels had struggled with a period in her life with drinking and I didn't want her to fall back down that  road again so I was always concerned when she would go out with her friend.  She would come back drunk a lot of the time and it was upsetting to see her keep doing it.  I don't think it was because she was unhappy, I think it was just that she wanted to be a friend for her friend and if that was the way it had to be then she would go hang out with her friend.  But even she had her limits and could see that her friend was starting to become someone she knew less and less.  The worst part of all for me was that sometimes it seemed like she would choose her friend over me or drop what we may have planned for her friend.  Yeah, we lived together and it wasn't like we couldn't do anything the next day or any other time but it started to worry me that if her friend called or wanted to hang out that it overruled whatever it was we were doing.  There were some times when the friend would just show up to our place so we had no choice.  One night she took it upon herself to just redecorate our place even though I didn't want her to because I wanted that to be something me and Megels shared so it was our thing.  Megels let her do it with no fight and admittedly I handled it very poorly.  I stormed out and didn't answer my phone for hours.  Childish behavior that could've been handled way better.  Megels wasn't at fault there and she shouldn't have had to been upset by something I was too childish to handle.  When I did come back, the setup wasn't that bad and I felt really badly for how I had acted.  I think it was just the fact that her friend overruled me again.  The hatchet was buried and before we knew it, New Years was coming up and we hadn't celebrated that holiday in our new home so I was pretty excited to share it with my love down at the beach.  But her friend wanted us all to go to a big party night down near the beach with her and spend the night there.  She won out of course and it wasn't that bad but huge crowds and super loud environments where you can't hear anyone isn't my idea of being able to relax and enjoy something.  I was beginning to get aggravated that this friend seemed to now be almost directing our lives.  I wanted more things to be between me and my girl so that we could share them together but her friend took over so much of it.  The aggravation hit a little high that night and I upset Megels to tears because of my behavior.  Looking back on it now, I am ashamed and embarrassed.  Megels was nothing but an angel and because of my dislike of her friend, I let it poison the night.  The ball dropped and fireworks went off and we hugged and kissed and gave our midnight vows to one another and I was still a little testy about the situation and wasn't the greatest at that either.  If I could go back to that night I would hold her tightly and look into those big beautiful brown eyes and say:
Megels my darlin dew drop, I love you with all of my heart and I am sorry for my behavior as of lately.  It has nothing to do with you and I am just a little down like she's being chosen over me a lot of the time.  But I don't want that to tarnish or hurt our life together and tonight marks a new year for us.  I vow to treat you like the goddess that you are because I only know true happiness because of you.  I'm sorry for any and all pain that I have caused you and want to put my best self forward for you.  I want to earn you as my wife and make sure that every day you smile and laugh more than the day before.  I love you sweetness, happy new year.
After the party was breaking apart we went to a restaurant and had some food before all retiring home, but not before her friend made plans with us to hang out the next day at the beach.  Which, I will also admit, wasn't that bad either.  I played some frisbee with her husband and watched my darlin stand in the sand talking to friends.  It was one of the moments where I felt the couples being together where the guys did something while the girls talked and watched them thing was happening.  It was a very neat feeling and further felt like this was right and I had achieved something I never thought that I would.
During this time I stepped up some of my drawing and tried to do it more and try new things to try and make some money off of my art with some projects.  I had seen my sister's friend painted the top of a coffee table and I was impressed by it and thought it was something I could do as well and sell it.  My first attempts were really amazing attempts, so good in fact that I almost kept the first one that I did.

Megels was my biggest supporter and came up with the idea of creating an online store through Etsy and even gave me the name that I should call it.  Geek Sense.  The store was set up and before I knew it I had an online outlet for my art.  We also became more movie going and with a movie theater literally across the street we were able to catch up on many films that came out that year.  A few that we ended up seeing were Ninja Turtles, 50 Shades of Grey, Avengers Age of Ultron, Cinderella, Minions, Insidious 3, Deliver Us from Evil, Ant-Man, and I went to see Jurassic World.
There was a zoo that we drove to that while not as great as the one back home, was alright and we were able to see some animals and have a nice little date day as well.

The new year was off to a good start and when we went to the mall one weekend day, she did something that I had hoped a girl would do my entire life.  Watching so many romantic movies and seeing my friends go through the same thing, I never thought it would happen to me.  She said let's go look at rings, I want to pick out the one I want you to get me.  The feeling I got when she said that was almost the same exact feeling as an orgasm.  We walked over and the man behind the counter was the best ever and very personable and not pushy.  He let her try a few rings before she knew exactly which one she wanted and he gave me all the information I needed on a business card for when I was ready.  We ended up seeing the ring two to three more times every time we went to that mall from that moment forward.   A girl finally was ready for me to marry them and lucky for me it was Megels, the most beautiful girl I had ever seen.  It was like a dream that I wanted to keep pinching myself to see if I was actually awake.  The new year was shaping up to be the best one yet.  Little did I know it was about to get a whole lot better.....and a whole lot worse.

The story continues in part 14............................

Missing you so much right now darlin.  I think about you now more than ever.  There's so much I want to do with you it's driving me crazy.  I re-went over the Maniac Mansion script and it reminds me so much of you and your excitement for it.  I want to stream ducktales on twitch for you to watch, I miss playing games for you.  My dreams continue to be filled with you, it's amazing just how many nights I have you in my dreams.  You are the most amazing, beautiful girl I've ever met and my heart continues to beat in your doorway praying for that day your hand reaches out.  I love you with all of my heart dew drop.  Always.

Love, Your Edward
xxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox



No comments:

Post a Comment