It began as all fires do
A spark soon ignited into a blaze of warmth and colorful delight
You held my hand, became my friend, Megels
Earned my trust and my future once again looked bright
Loneliness turned to hope
Emptiness filled up with dreams
Hunger was satisfied
And the darkness lit by love's moonbeams
Tears no longer hit the ground
They fell on your loving shoulder
I felt younger
As our love grew older
When sorrow left me wilted as a sun-parched rose
Your comfort was a river that flows and flows
The sun's light, the morning dew
They are all the beauty that is you darlin
When passion ebbs
As tides do
Love fills the wake
And carries us through
Your strength is as the oak
But if it is my need you bend like the willow
My heart is filled
Like a lucky sail with wind to billow
Harsh cold winters
Wet springs, blissful summer heat, and the fall of time
They'll weather my spirit
With grace and peace, your hand in mine
Our love's sweet creations, joyous children
Blessed am I thanks to god and you
What greater beauty could shed light
On the love that came from two
Love's sweet reflection
Laughing, growing, thriving, learning
Words cannot express what my heart feels
How strong my love is burning
When our lives parted times ago
I felt my heart would never again see the sun
But you, my love, walked with me, through the sadness
And together we shared the memories that kept our happiness intact
The lines of age will etch their mark on us
And time will take the strength from our bodies
But love's brush will paint for us a picture of such beauty
That a hundred lifetimes could not remove their glory
Once again Thanksgiving has presented itself
And once again I am spending it without you, Megels
I still dream of that dinner we had down in Florida
When I felt I could start my new family with you
Nobody has such a place in my heart and soul like you
Each day a reminder of the happiness we shared
How we could be ourselves and not fake
Share in every single one of our interests
I still hope and pray for that day to come again
Wishing on every star every night
Depression may sit on my shoulders every day
But the thought of you darlin, keeps me going
Always
Love, Your Edward
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxooxoxoxox
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment