Monday, November 25, 2019

I Give Myself With All of My Heart

Where are you tonight darlin Megels
What is it that you are doing
It's true my heart is torn apart
When I'm not with you

What enchanted thoughts swim through your head
Are any of them of me
When you go to bed
Is it my face you see

Who is honored with your presence now
And do they even care
The thought of you not being admired
Fills me with despair

Do they appreciate your loveliness
Do they marvel at your splendor
Do they love to hear your velvet voice
Do they adore your smile so tender

If they do not
Then they are a fool
And had you been with me
Every day, Megels, you'd be a queen
Because that's what you are to me

I'm at your feet
And I come with gifts
My body, my heart, and my soul
They're yours to do with as you please
To command and to control

I give myself with all of my heart
I'm yours for all of time
Your slave, your king, your anything
Only say that you are mine

If I could just once a thousand years
Love but a single soul
And none else dared to speak to me
Until the years had passed in whole

I would spend my time in silent peace
Happy as could be
To know that you are the one I loved
And that you, in turn, loved me

I miss the days we could be having
How you said you were the true you with me
I still have it all, all in our blue box
Still read your letter every morning
It gets me through the day
My heart waiting in hopes for one day

One day to hold you
Be with you

Always

Love, Your Edward
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment