Monday, November 18, 2019

The Moment Of Love Is Ours

I used to dream of eyes the color of autumn
And loving arms to hold me
I used to dream of beautiful princesses
And how gracious they would be

I used to dream of how I wouldn't settle
For anything less than best
I used to dream of how she would majestically
Lay all fears to rest

I used to dream of fairy tales
How wondrous would they be
I used to dream of story books
All patterned after me

I used to dream of a lot of things
But the moment I met you, Megels
I immediately stopped dreaming
Because all of my dreams came true

For when I gazed into your eyes
Such a beautiful brown and auburn
My heart whispered to me
And that's right when I knew

The waves had ceased crashing
On the sand at our feet
Time had stopped passing
My search was complete

I finally discovered
What I'd known all along
A mystery uncovered
That just couldn't be wrong

It wasn't our first kiss
Nor the day that we met
But I realize something
I will never forget

With the stars shining brightly
From high up above
One word could only describe it
That word is love

I knew then these feelings
For my darlin dew were true
The girl of my dreams
And my soulmate is you, Megels

I think of it every time
That I look at the stars
This memory is mine
But that moment was ours

Hoping one day that moment comes back
One I could experience once again
This time never letting go
My heart eternally yours darlin

Always

Love, Your Edward
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxooxo

No comments:

Post a Comment