Wednesday, August 21, 2019

I Am Always Hoping It Is You xoxo

I was sort of hoping
That you would come along, Megels
Like the answer to a prayer
And the music to a song
Just the girl I would think of at night
Looking at the stars dreaming of you

Like the kind of thing that happens
At a special place and time
That will change our lives forever
Like a fantasy of mine
Holding your hand
Taking you out on dates
Bringing you flowers

The fantasy was there before
I ever knew your name, darlin
And then when I found you
We would never be the same
Two perfect hearts sharing all the same interests
Nowhere a more perfect couple

So pardon if I look at you, Megels
Forgive me if I stare
At the fantasy I knew before
I saw you standing there
Your crinkle nose smile that makes me weak
The way you call me darlin

For I was always hoping
That you would come along
Like the answer to a prayer
And the music to a song
Even when we were apart
We found our ways back

I miss you like crazy Megels
I continue to think about having our little place
Those nights on the couch snuggled
Day trips with you singing in the car
Picking out the ring knowing you were mine
What I would give to be yours again

My heart only beats for you, Megels

Always

Love, Your Edward
xoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxxooxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment