Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Don't Settle For Less Than True

I think of you more than ever Megels
Wondering if it is like it was with us
Are you settling because of the pain and frustration
Is it the same fun we had every morning, noon, and night

I'm so depressed and it is really taking a toll
My health is getting bad and I cannot focus on anything at all
I miss you like crazy
Beat myself up daily for the pain that I have caused

Do you laugh the same way I was able to make you
Can you be your real self without putting it to the side
Does your heart still remember how it kept reaching for mine
My ears miss your voice more than life itself

Spending time at our special place
Standing in lines holding hands
Making our little inside jokes to one another
Curling up together at the end of the night

My love for you fills my body top to bottom
I don't see them as someone who is your compliment
The sharing of many common interests
Someone who won't let your nerd flag fly

I revel in the real you
Appreciate and love every little thing that is you
Are you truly completely sure of the soul mate
I am standing right here for you until the end of time

In any hour, place, and all circumstance
Only thoughts of one do occupy my mind
They are thoughts of you, my beloved
And forever to you I do myself consign

In your times of absence, I yearn for your presence
In your times of presence, I yearn for your stay
You seem to me as vital to existence
As the rising and setting of the sun each day

Although we will face a great many obstacles
I also know if our devotion is true
That these will prove to be of little consequence
And our love may be perpetually new

My heart is yours no matter how long or how far
Those sleepless nights awake
I will be there
All of your dreams
All of your interests
All of the real you

I'm right here for you

Always

Love, Your Edward
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment