Monday, January 28, 2019

My Light in the Shadows

You are the song within the wind
The glow around the moon
The silver lining of each cloud
The brightness of the sun
The sweet smell of spring
The warmth within me in the midst of winter
The cool breeze on a summer's night
Everything that is wonderful and great in this world
My joy, my happiness, my love, my passion
An amazing girl that I will love forever
You are like the snowflakes that fall upon my face
Bringing refreshing newness to a soul once arid and dry
You are like the song that seeps from the heavens
Bringing melodious grace to a soul once quiet and note less
You are like the sweet smell of earth that softens my step
Bringing assurance and blessing to a soul once faltering and alone
You are like the moon that brightens the night sky
Bringing hope for a future and a longing for the morrow
You are like a breath, a whisper, a laugh, a tear
You are my life, and my love
My light in the shadows
My shelter from the storm
The air when it's hard to breathe
That keeps me going on
The stitches when I'm hurt
The way home when I'm lost
The clear blue of the river
The bridge so I can cross
The moments that become memories
The sound so I can laugh
My protector when I'm threatened
You are my other half
No matter what the skies may bring
No matter how time pushes forward
My memories of our love are my most cherished
Forever hoping one day I can hold you again
Megels you are the one true soul
My one true love

Always

Love, Your Edward
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment