Saturday, July 7, 2018

Dance to the Milky Way

The way you make me feel must be what it feels like for a star to explode and become a planet.
Millions of light years of energy flowing around the solar system.
When I think of you I imagine it being the same feeling as catching a cloud in your hands.
Something beautiful and amazing all in one unique experience.
I travel a rainbow to find you at both ends, a pot of gold with a million dollar smile.
Cities go dark at night with one office light on catching the eyes of all passer bys.
Catching my attention no matter where you are.
My eyes are treated to someone more beautiful than anything in an art gallery.
The way your hair catches the light and your skin so smooth is a masterpiece all painters aspire to create.
I wield my pencils and colors with talent hoping to recreate you, to capture your magic.
Putting my love to paper an impossible task, there is only one you, never to be duplicated.
Laying in bed I look out at the stars behind me searching for that elusive shooting star.
I send prayers and wishes out into those cosmos hoping there is a stray star willing to be my messenger.
Let her hear my words and feel my heart, fly with these promises with the most fantastic stardust trail.
The books that line my shelves are read in your voice when in my hands.
Each one a story begging to be explored as an adventure between us.
The days continue being filled with thoughts and memories of you.
I reach out my hand hoping to grab yours
No distance too great, no distance too far.
You are that last song that is played at the perfect dance.
The one where we hold and slow dance to a song made for love.
Two lovers alone under the lights of the floor, everyone watching in awe.
I whisper into your ear that I love you
You return the message and squeeze me like we are shipwrecked about to be found.
The music that dances through my ears are all melodies made classic by you.
From oldies to newbies they are all stamped by you.
I'd have it no other way and can't wait to make more musical memories.
Although you may not here it, every night before the sandman takes me to sleep
I whisper sweet dreams Megels for I know you will hear
The movies show people who were made for each other
All sorts of scenarios and ages and locations but one thing is always a constant.
When you know you know and true love comes from the heart.
You are the sprouted rose in a field of weeds, the prettiest flower standing out to my eyes
I miss you more and more each day, my heart writing love notes with every beat
My wishes and dreams continue to want you
You are the one that makes me dance to my favorite tune, laugh at my favorite joke, dream my biggest dream, and believe in true love.
You are that girl who I see across a crowded dance floor
No longer a wallflower I cross that treacherous field in between the beats of music
My heart seeing yours and pulling me forward like two magnets
You are the girl I get the courage to walk up to, the prettiest girl in the room by a million miles
I reach out my hand guided by love in my eyes and my mouth takes the jump
Will you be mine
This song is just background noise unless you are at my side
I take you to the middle and hold you close
I once again whisper I love you
Then we both get in closer and you place your cheek against mine
Your mouth to my ear I hear the words that cause our stars to explode into planets.
I love you more

Sweetest of dreams Megels, Love, Your Edward

xoxoxoxoxooxloveyoumissyousosomuchxoxoxoxooxooxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment