Wednesday, July 25, 2018

The Season Brings Golden Colors of Love

They say that true love rises above distance and time.  The bond between two people who are made for one another forms a chain that becomes stronger as time goes on and with how it is tested along the way.  The first test of time apart came that summer when Megels was called upon to be a part of her friends wedding down in Mexico.  Truth be told that because of past instances with previous girls, I was a little nervous and worried about what may happen while she was away.  Having had issues with trust, cheating, and drinking in the past, it wasn't crazy to be a little worried about it happening again.  But, it is wise never to punish the current for the missteps of the past.  She made an agreement with me to write me every day on what happened and make sure to let me know how things were during the week to alleviate my anxiety.  She was already proving to be the best girl I had ever met.  When she was able to and the connection was fine, she would message me how things were and that she missed me and I spent my time working at the mall store and grocery store to pass the days.  In the middle of the week she surprised me with a few seconds long snapchat photo of her with nothing on and my head exploded.  It was the hottest most attractive photo I had ever seen.  I couldn't keep my mouth shut at the mall job to the other workers on how much I missed her and liked her and couldn't wait for her to come home.  While she was gone I wrote her a poem and had it placed on top of a picture we took together.  I sent it her way and her response was more than I could have hoped for.  I was truly for the first time in my life in the truest of love.  Every word of that poem rings true today, meaning just the same and more as it did then.

The week went by quicker than I thought it would and before I knew it, her adorable face was home.  The first thing she did was see me and she went through her laptop notepad to read to me what she did every day and the events that took place, including a hospital scare.  Everything went fine and now it was my lucky turn to spend the days with her.  The summer season was winding down, the colors of the leaves were changing on the trees.  Luscious greens were fading to lustrous golden yellows and oranges.  The temperatures began to cool down with breezes blowing around the fallen leaves all over the streets.  Halloween was approaching and the two of us chose to watch some scary movies to celebrate the season.  The tradition of the season was to carve pumpkins and having never really done so myself, it was time to start a wonderful new tradition with the one I loved.  Each getting a small pumpkin we began our carving duties while my laptop played episodes of Big Bang Theory for us to laugh at as we carved.  Designs from Mario adorned our pumpkins as we carved around all the lines having tons of fun, taking breaks here and there to cuddle and reunite our lips.


Wanting to stay in the Halloween spirit, a trek to the nearest redbox yielded two movies that were sure to test our spirits.  The first being one called Mama and the other being Sinister.  The beautiful girl sat close, her arm around mine during suspense and being creeped out a bit by the weird looking woman in the first movie.  The ending ruined it for her and she was feeling fine after that one.  Then we put on Sinister and a new level of fear of which neither of us were prepared for.  I had never seen someone be as frightened as she was and there was a particular fright that had her jump ten feet in the air and punch her arm out wildly in front of her.  She was shaking a little and even though I offered to turn it off, we finished it and put something very very cute, young, and funny on afterwards to come down off of our fear trip.  There is something magical and connecting about sharing in an experience that involves fear and scares.  The feeling of not going through it alone and knowing that someone else is there with you experiencing it too.  Being with a girl you love adds another layer of protection making you want to look tough and unphased by the movie but difficulty doing so because, well let's face it, some of that stuff is scary!  The light was left on that night in case any of the monsters felt it necessary to leap from the television and eat us alive in the middle of the night.  We snuggled up very closely that night and she held on to me in a spider monkey-like grip that made me smile all night.  My heart was falling more and more with her and I knew I had made the best decision of my life to want to be with this girl for the rest of my life.
November brings with is the most golden time of the year but also the beginnings of colder temperatures.  The prettiest girl in the world only got more beautiful as her fashion took on a new wardrobe for colder weather.  She wore a winter hat that I fell in love with and anytime I saw her in it was so cute I wanted to always take a picture of it.  A new adventure awaited us in the form of two wonderful dates to places neither of us had ever been to.  The first being the Aviary with every manner of bird inside especially her favorite.  The penguins.  We were able to watch them be fed and had a lot of fun in a room where the birds ran free.  Phipps astounded us with all manner of flowers and plant life and a room where she said would be beautiful to have a wedding in.  When she wasn't photobombing the pictures I was trying to take.

I could watch her all day, just looking at every single inch of her from her beautiful hair to her cute little toes.  Every outfit she wore looked amazing on her, every accessory perfect.  Looking at her was like looking at every perfect painting in an art gallery with each one more and more wonderful than the last.  They say that nobody is perfect but to me she was every single bit of perfect.  Because of that she made me feel perfect.  The fun tradition of sharing and looking at the pictures we each took during the day was something i looked forward to after a day out on a date with her.  My laptop is full of pictures that I look at all the time from these dates.  I finally felt like I belonged somewhere, like I had a purpose.  Like I mattered.  Someone truly special was right by my side and I couldn't think of anything else that could have made me happier.   The next season was the most wonderful time of the year and I was going into it with my soul mate.  Christmas in love was about to become the happiest time I had ever had.

The story continues in part 5..............

xoxoxo I miss you darlin, my heart aches for you.  I miss our nights together and our days intertwined in arms.  Under the moonlight I sit and wait in that doorway, praying for that moment when I can see you again.  There's so much more fun to be had with us and I couldn't think of a more perfect life than one with your hand in mine.  I love you dew drop. xoxooxxo

Love, Your Edward



No comments:

Post a Comment