The summer season brought with it tidings of heat and flowers. Birds chirped away while the man toiled away at getting himself ready for his trip. Double checking everything, he made sure he had what he might need for a four day trip. Change of clothes, toiletries, and snacks for the way down so that he had something to tide his stomach over with until he arrived. He set up someone to check on the two cats comically named Harley and Quinn and did one last take of his place and belongings before heading out the door. Wanting to make sure he saved as much time as possible he chose to leave slightly after work so that he could get there the next day in the afternoon. Setting up his bag in the passenger seat he started the car and pulled out of his parking space to begin his journey southward. He had been looking forward to this for so long he had almost forgotten what year it was he was so preoccupied. The sun was nowhere near setting and it took him a few minutes to decide what exactly he wanted to listen to on the way first. Would it be a podcast or music or even some sort of show that he could listen to just the same. Traffic was light as the rush hour time was over, the heat was containing itself with a few clouds sprinkled around. There were a few states to go through on the way which was pretty exciting and opened up your mind as to how easy it was to travel across the country. A few podcasts delighted his ears followed by some light music as he watched the sun set, traveling at a reasonable speed. Once it got late enough, he didn't want to risk his safety so he pulled into a rest stop area and into a parking space a little away from the general area. Locking the doors he laid in the backseat and took the chance to sleep for a few hours before setting back off onto the road. He was past the half way point and his excitement was growing to enormous levels inside of him. Georgia welcomed him in the morning and he knew he was getting ever so closer. To make himself more pumped up he switched on to a playlist he created of their special songs that carried with each one a reminder and a memory. It also helped to keep his mind off the monotony of the road looking the same for hundreds of miles. The afternoon brought wonderful sights of palm trees and his heart jumped half out the window in joy. He was so close now he could hardly contain himself. After an overnight sleep and two half day drives he had finally arrived and pulled into the hotel which was just down the street of where he used to live with her. Conveniently a WalMart was just down the road as well in case he needed anything extra that he forgot to bring. Once he was inside and all settled, he wasted no time in cracking open his laptop and jumping on to his blog. Commenting on how he had made it safely and was all settled in. Then he sent out the message to her of where he was and for how long. This was the most excited he had been in a long time and couldn't rub the smile off of his face. His love for her was something that was unmatched by anyone else in the world. The rest of his night planned out he took the time to pray and hope with all of his luck that the message went through and her heart still reached out as well. The sun once again became tired and started its slow descent behind the clouds and as the evening went on he began to become a little worried. He sat on the bed and began to pray aloud to himself.
"Please. I know that I have done wrong and I ask for forgiveness for that. The influence and toxicity of someone was enough to taint my thoughts and decision making for the worst. If there is anything I can do to make things right just give me a sign and I'll do it."
Closing his eyes he sat on the side of the bed and cried. She was everything to him and he knew in his heart that their future was the brightest. He had set up candles on the table to have dinner with her and now, heavy in heart, he got up and blew them out. He wiped his tears away and then heard a knock on the door. The beating of his heart grew immensely. Gathering himself he cautiously walked to the door and silently prayed again. Opening the door he saw her standing there. She looked nervous yet happy. There was a momentary pause before they both leapt into each other's arms and just held in silence for minutes. Finally he said to her.
"I am so sorry Megels. I never ever meant to hurt you. It's you, it's always been you, it'll always be you. That wasn't me, I was confused and broken by someone else who filled me with fear and doubt. Not a day goes by where I wish that you were in my arms. I'm so sorry my love. The pain that I have caused has come back to me in double and the world is so empty without you. Whatever it is, whoever it is, I promise you that I will be the best to you. I never want to let you go."
She held tighter. "I understand darlin. You made me wait so long."
"I know and I cannot apologize enough. Please forgive me, I vow that I will spend the rest of my days making it up to you so you never stop smiling."
She let go a little and looked into his eyes. "I dunno darlin, it's been....I just don't know...this isn't easy, I don't know what to do."
"Kiss me."
"I can't just do that."
"What does your heart tell you."
"Don't ask me that."
He leaned forward, holding her by her hips.
"Megels, what does your heart want most of all. Deep down what does it hope? What have you wanted?"
Her eyes tear up and she looks away. "I...I can't just.."
He goes forward and kisses her. Then again. Then holding her head he brings her close and kisses her more. She joins in, their lips long lost lovers. Their breathing gets heavy and their hands start exploring each other's back. The heat begins to rise between the two when she pulls away.
"Edward wait, I..."
"Look, I love you. I love you more than I've ever loved before. You are special, there is a reason that everything in my life worked out so that I could meet you. I made mistakes, horrible mistakes and awful shameful decisions that I have paid for in pain, nightmares, and misery. Now what I do know is that the one time in my life that I was happiest, where I felt truly complete, was with you. Trust me, I know what I've done and there aren't enough days in the universe to hold all of my sorries to you. But I love you. And what I do know is that there is nobody else like you. Nobody else I want to say good morning to. Nobody else I want to kiss goodnight or build a business with. Nobody else I want to watch rain storms with or walk on the beach with. Nobody else I want to say I love you to or plan a life with. Nobody else I want to ask to marry or raise a child with. Megels, I took a bad turn that was poisoning me but I am out now and the one shining star that guides me to the most perfect happy life...is you. To me you are perfect. I want to be the man you look at and feel lucky to have found. I want to be the man you plan adventures and travel destinations with. I will fight for you forever because you are worth it and the only thing that my heart has ever constantly with such confidence yelled out for...is you. I told you, if I have to wait in your doorway that will never close for a week, a month, a year, the rest of my life then so be it. Nobody could ever replace you and I would wait an eternity if it meant just one more day with you."
Tears were running down her cheeks now and she turned back towards him. She wrapped her arms around him, closed her eyes, and kissed him. "Shut up Edward, just don't let go."
They kissed more, the heat getting to the both of them and they took off each other's clothes giving in to their emotions. They pleasured the other until he picked her up and put her onto the bed, climbing on top of her and entering her. They made love more passionately than they ever had and her memory of him being the best she had ever had grew to a new height than it ever was. Afterwards they laid on the bed together naked holding each other.
"If I do this.....you have to move down here."
"Anything."
"I swear to God, if you mess this up...that's it. We go our separate ways and I'm done. I'll never speak to you again."
"You'll never have to worry about that. I love you Megels, it's going to take heaven and Earth to rip me away from you."
"People are going to judge me...."
"Let them, if you're happy with me then they'll be fine. You know, I actually brought that letter you wrote me. I really did read it every day. I really do love you Megels."
"I truly do love you naked man."
The couple laid there for hours, a long overdue cuddle that both wished would never end. She fell asleep wrapped up in him like she used to and he never stopped smiling. Everything inside of him seemed to clear up and he could breathe easier. His thoughts were clearer and he knew exactly how he wanted his future. All of his passions and dreams fired back up and he was ready to attack the world with his girl. The Ramona Flowers who skated through his dreams.
Love, Your Scott Pilgrim
xoxoxoxoxloveyoumissyoutonsalwaysforyouxoxoxoxoxxo
No comments:
Post a Comment