Saturday, July 28, 2018

Love Travels to a New Location

Love is an amazing one of a kind feeling.  It's the only emotion that can give off feelings that you are invincible and could take over the world.  The most amazing part of that is that it comes from one person, one other person can make your body have feelings that nothing else in the world can.  From the butterflies in your tummy to the stars in your eyes.  It takes a very special and unique person to make you feel your best and want to become a much better person on top of that.  The time period where she wasn't around seemed like being aboard a ship with no rudder.  Nothing to take control of where the waves were taking you and the ocean was battling for its life in a thunderstorm.   The north star was not around to provide the direction needed to sail to the happiest of lands.  But like the saying says, if you let something go and it comes back then you should love it forever.  Once I got that text, nothing else mattered around me and suddenly the skies cleared around my ship and the oceans calmed themselves.  The path ahead was no longer dark and filled with treacherous curves.  Just like I had done in the beginning, a zoo date was set up to bring everything back full circle to where we began to fall in love in the first place.  The summer was in full swing and making every day beautiful.  A day was set and I made sure once again that I not only looked my best that day but smelled good too.  Picking her up at her home was like pulling up to Cinderella's house with my carriage and horses ready to pick up the princess.  When she stepped out and into my car, I was breathless.  It wasn't that I had never seen her before, she just looked more beautiful than I ever remembered her being.   I always thought she was the most beautiful woman I had ever met but now she had risen above that level.  She was wearing a black strapless top that came up just above her breasts, her shoulders and arms exposed.  The butterflies in my stomach went into overdrive and sent messages to every part of my body to give me a tingly turned on feeling that I had missed so much.  Her familiar phrase struck my ears and if I hadn't been strapped in by my seatbelt I would have floated off into the sky. 
Hey there darlin.
Just writing it now gives me feelings of getting up and dancing.  We drove to the zoo and had another wonderful amazing day where I don't recall looking at any animal or exhibit the whole time.  Just her.  Afterwards stopping to fill up our energy at the nearby TGIFridays where we sat next to each other and spoke about all sorts of things regarding one another.  Her plan wasn't really to get back together but even if you didn't know us at all and saw us from afar you could tell it was two people who were bursting to be near the other.  It was one of the best days we had ever had together and with smiles on our faces we repeated what happened when we first started seeing each other.  Planned to hang out again soon and it wasn't but one day when she texted again and we set up to meet.  This time I showed off the new house and my new room where due to it being on the third floor, it was very warm up there and had to have a few fans going on.  She came over and our bodies did the brushing against one another thing that energized us in ways we had missed for so long.  I offered to show her the Lego movie as I had loved it and thought it was really funny and wanted to show it to her.  Before the movie started she wanted us to get comfortable to watch it and tried to sit with me on my chair but there wasn't room for two people so we opted to sit on the floor in front of the television right up against each other.  The movie was great and love filled the room, once again the movie disappeared from our view and all that we could see was the other one looking at us every few seconds.  Our love for one another was just too hard to deny, just being next to her I felt a happiness that I just never felt with anything else.  Our lips finally met and fireworks shot out of every part of my body, my heart doing a dance in my chest surrounded by all the butterflies.  We made love right afterwards and cuddled in my bed until it was time for her to go home.  The love of my life had come back.  My soul mate was right there again and I had reached complete happiness.
Megels is the perfect girl.  She has all the same interests as me and we are able to be our true selves with one another.  I never have to put on an act or be someone else or change who I am.  I never have to hide things I like or give up on anything because she likes all the same things.  There is a care and respect and genuine partnership there.  That's the one key word I would use to describe her.
Genuine.
The next month or so was filled with catch ups and hang outs that had me skating on cloud 9 and actually trying to make something of myself for her.  We played mario kart, which has her addicted to kicking my butt in it.  We watched more movies and walked her dog around the area as well.  She explained to me what happened with the bridal store and how she wasn't having any luck in the job search here and she had a really big idea.  She was thinking of moving down to Florida.  A pretty big decision and one afternoon on the floor of my room we looked through all of the different places there were down there and what they looked like and she put a proposal my way.  She offered for me to go with her.  She wasn't saying we were back together or that this would be us together but if she was going to do this she wouldn't have anyone there with her and couldn't think of anyone else she would rather have there with her.  I was flattered and excited and full of fear, i had never done anything like that before.  But there was a chance we could be together again.  No matter how slim or impossible seeming that chance was, I was taking it.  With half excitement and half scared out of my mind, I accepted on a walk home with her one day.  I still remember the street and exactly where it was discussed.  First thing was first, she had to go down and scout around for a job and place for us first.  Which meant I would be away from her again but this time by about a thousand miles.
The day she left is burned into my memory like a branding on a cow.  I spent the day with her and napped by her side in her bed while watching Clerks on her netflix so that she could get some rest before the long long drive ahead of her.  She didn't get much and try as I might, all I could do was keep looking at the clock telling it to go slower, please stop, give me more time with her before she goes.  Before I knew it, it was time for her to go.  I helped her get what she needed into her car and she dropped me off in front of my parent's house.  It was a cloudy day and had started to drizzle and I leaned into the window to say goodbye to her and promised I would be with her any way possible the whole way down any second she needed me. 
And then she drove off.
And there I stood in the rain, watching my dew drop drive away to an unknown future.
I was nervous for her drive and didn't want anything to happen to her along the way.  I went inside and set up my surroundings for the night ahead of me so that I was ready for her any moment she may call.  I made sure my phone was always charging and I started one of the longest games of Lego Star Wars I had ever started.  My goal was to finish as much of the game as possible so that I had something to focus on and take up time while she drove and I could be awake for her.  She checked in at every rest stop and before the night got too late, she pulled into a lot to sleep a few hours.  Before she did so, she called and hearing her voice on the phone was like medicine after a terrible flu.  Her voice was soft and beautiful and my heart yearned for her as she was miles and miles away alone in a car in an empty lot.  I wanted so badly to have her back here with me to hold her so that she wouldn't be alone.  I stayed on the phone as long as I could before she closed up the night to go to sleep.  I told her to call me when she woke up and any chance she got.  Then we slept.
The next day was adorable as the closer she got the more energy she got and I kept in check the whole way.  The best was when she tried to facetime when she was close exclaiming at how beautiful the place looked and all of the palm trees!  It was great and I was glad she made it.  She was going to stay with a friend while there looking for a job and a place to stay.  It only took a month before everything was said and done.  While she was there we would facetime and talk and at night be as dirty as we could without her being noticed by the other housemates.  She would send me pictures from the beach and updates on where she was looking.  At one point almost giving up as nothing was coming up and she asked me if I thought it was stupid what she was doing and if she should just come home and forget about it.  It took everything in me not to say to do that because I wanted her here with me but I knew this was important to her and her happiness so I encouraged her as best I could.  Everything did end up lining up pretty well and she found a place that was absolutely perfect.  Next up was to come home to gather me and all of her things before she went back down with me in tow.  Her drive back was just as fun and when she returned I raced over there to see her and hold her the tightest I could.  Breaking the news to my family that I actually was going down was like telling them I was dieing.  They didn't take it well and fell apart every chance they had.  It was upsetting to see them like that and also because they didn't seem supportive of what I wanted to do.  I let my job know that I would be leaving soon and I began to gather and pack up everything that I wanted to take with me.  A new chapter of my life was about to start and the best news in the world was given to me by the beautiful Megels.  She said that being down there was what she needed and felt so much better there.  So much so that she wanted to reconsider us being together and if I was still interested, once we were all settled, we could pick up being together again.  My heart could barely take much more happiness and you could probably see my eyes turn into hearts of their own.  Packing up wasn't too hard but saying goodbye to my family was.  I kept wondering if I would be okay being so far from them, I wouldn't be able to see them whenever I wanted anymore.  I had never seen my parents cry like they did the night I left.  My car was packed and we packed up a moving van with all of our stuff as well.
It was so surreal to me that this was actually happening.  But I didn't feel completely lost as I had someone there that I knew would be there.  Megels was the best reassurance anyone could ask for.  With tears in my eyes and a future unknown to me, I stepped on the gas and followed the truck towards my new life.  Would it be okay?  Would I find a job?  Would my parents be okay?  So many thoughts were going through my head.  The path before me was frightening but I had my guiding north star ahead of me so I knew I would never get lost.

The story continues in part 8.............

Missing you so much darlin dew drop.  Miss our walks and talks and holding you in my arms.  Life isn't complete without you.  With my heart reaching out into the stars of the night, I hope my love reaches you in your dreams.  Wishing you the sweetest of dreams sweetness.  The brightest star in my sky.  Always.

Love, Your Edward

xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxooxoxooxoxoxoxoxo

This portion of the story didn't have many visual aids so here are some paintings I did for the Etsy store:




No comments:

Post a Comment