Sunday, December 9, 2018

I Miss You More than I Can Say

I wish upon the glistening stars
I pray night and day
I'm sad we're so far apart
That you're so far away
I try to heal a broken heart
And yet there is no way
And when it simply falls apart
Hurts more than I could say

I cry myself to sleep sometimes
And yet I need no pity
I need to fix my broken heart
Or all this pain is hitting
Forever, ever, ever on
It's truly you I miss
Sometimes I could just close my eyes
And fantasize sweet bliss

A single tear streaks down my face
My feelings are revealed
Though i had tried so very hard
To keep these things concealed
I never wanted to move away
I hope friendship truly stays
Please don't let this fall away
I'll just hold on another day

You've stolen my heart, taken over my mind
So please be sweet and please be kind
Remember me, please, every day
I miss you more than I can say

Do you ever think of me
As daylight turns to dusk
Do you ever think of days of fun and laughter
And ponder memories sweet

Do you dry your eyes from tears that linger
And gaze upon photographs of me
Do you ever think of me
As daylight turns to dusk

Missing you is a feeling that grows larger each day
I'll never run out of words and poems to you I say
My love for you has never lessened or gone away
Megels you are the angel I would give anything for
The soul mate that was my perfect half and so much more

Always

Love, Your Edward
oxxxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxxooxox

No comments:

Post a Comment