Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Wintery Love to a Special You

The snow always reminds me of those mornings we would wake up together before you had to be at work.  The space heater keeping us warm while we sleep together under your black and white spotted sheets.  Hearing your alarm wake you up as you groggily press the snooze button and roll over.  Seeing the snow falling out of the window and you get yourself up and begin to get dressed while I watch your body in and out of clothing.  Once you are ready you go into the other room and I sit with you while you put on your makeup in the mirror of your parents room.  Depending on the snow, I miss going out and cleaning off your car so that it was ready for you when you left for work.  Seeing how cute you looked in your new coat and white winter hat.

I swear each time I look into your eyes I get lost
I believe that you were meant to look only at me and I only at you.
That's why God gave you the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen
To captivate me and look into my soul
I want to wake up every day looking into your eyes.
With you I discovered true love.
I now enjoy the goodness in life that I never knew.
The beauty of your love has impacted my life like the sea washes the shores.
I want to love you with all in me until the end of days.

Visiting you at work was always something I looked forward to.  From the way you would say hey darlin when I showed up and me cheesily trying to look my best when I visited so I could show your coworkers the best of who you were with.  Bringing you Panera bread lunch and getting a hug and kiss before I left that kept me happy and smiley for the rest of the day.  My favorite being when I stopped by the Limited and had them page you to the front to deal with a very angry customer and you came out prepped for a fight and found me smiling.  I miss leaving you flowers on your car or even just counting down the time until I was able to see you again.

My world feels dark when you're not here. 
Even when I'm out under a cloudless sky, it feels like there's a haze over everything.
Before you, the world was filled with so many lights
Streetlights, stars, the moon, and the sun.
Now it feels like you are the brightest light in my life.
It would explain why I feel so warm around you
How you provide me with the energy and the strength to persevere through my darkest hours
You also shine brilliantly enough that I know I'll always be able to find my way back
To you.

I miss you Megels dew drop.  The snow falls quietly and with care and my heart continues to beat just for you.  I love you with every flake and every memory attached.  No winter could ever be cold enough to douse my warm love for you darlin.
Always.

Love, Your Edward
xxoxoxoxooxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment