Wednesday, March 20, 2019

I'll Cherish You Forever

Being cold, wearing layers to feel better
The warmth coming from writing you
A heat that the sun could never reach
I love you with a permanence
That endures the passing years
I love you with a joyfulness
That subdues all doubts and fears
I love you with an honesty
That was born within my heart
I love you with the calm belief
That we will never part
I love you with a confidence
No earthly force can sever
I love you with the certainty
That I'll cherish you forever
I love you with the humbleness
Of one who has been blessed
I love you with the reverence
Of all that word suggests
I love you with a fervor
That time cannot reverse
I love you with the truest love
That poets put to verse
A sadness hangs over me every single day
Missing the feeling of laughing with you
Difficult to get through any day
What I would give to hug you
Feel loved and needed
I sit here and the words pour from my heart
When all I want to do is cover myself
Under sheets and away from the sadness
Miss you Megels
I miss the feeling of being where I belonged
Truly loving you

Always

Love, Your Edward
xoxxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment