Thursday, March 14, 2019

You Feel Like Home

How simple my life was when with you
How I cherished each breath
How I craved the light and laughter you had brought me
I had fallen in love without taking a step
Fallen into the sweetest of dreams
How I hoped that no one would wake me
The simplest gesture wrapped itself around my heart
Where I would hold it forever

Each time we said goodbye a part of me wept
Though I knew it wasn't forever
To my aching soul it was an eternity
I see my happiness shine in your eyes
Every time we held hands my heart skipped a beat
How sweet life was to be yours
How meaningless life is without you

They know nothing of the loneliness before you
Nothing of the empty tears I cried day after day
How did you do it, I ask myself
How did you banish the fear, the darkness?
You made me see that nothing was that bad
That I was strong and worthy of happiness
You saved me from myself

Everyday I woke up and smiled to myself
Knowing you were waiting for me
Knowing you couldn't wait to see me
How could I go on if you were not there to hold me up
To bless me with your love and light
How glad I was that you found me
My life was always complete
Always felt like I was home

I miss my home
The feeling of my true soul mate
The feeling of you
Miss you Megels
I'm ready to be home where our happiness lives

Always

Love, Your Edward
xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxxooxoxoxooxo

No comments:

Post a Comment