Monday, March 11, 2019

Making a Place in My Heart

A small restaurant at the end of a road
Working every day and seeing your face
I would tell you stories of my own life
All the while the connection was right there
I looked forward to talking to you more every day
Your smile was life healing

You came into my life unexpectedly
and everything took a turn for the better
Your warm eyes, your laugh
the sincere way you speak
and the kindness you showed me
all became a part of my life

As you unfolded yourself to me
I discovered more and more beauty
I have never seen so much
gentleness in one person
Without even knowing it
you were slowly making a place
for yourself in my heart

It used to seem so hard at times
to feel so close in a relationship
But it's so easy to feel close to you, Megels
I can't tell you how nice that feels
I realize now that I had never known
what it meant to be loved
until I was loved by you.

There is nothing more I'd want
is to give that love back to you and more
I miss our days together
everything from memories to laughs to futures
No matter how much it rains
every single drop falling from the sky
Know that you can always close your eyes
listen and hold out your hands
I will be the dew drops that cover your beauty

Always

Love, Your Edward
xoxooxoxoxooxoxooxoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment