I thought of you today, everything I did had a small piece of you with it.
When I woke in the morning I looked over to see you lying there next to me.
Getting ready for work recalling the music playing while you got dressed.
I took a shower looking through the doors to find the silhouette of you putting your makeup on.
Eating breakfast remembering how you liked your eggs and making toast in our toaster.
The many outfits you had and the line of shoes that decorated the bottom of the closet.
You'd blow dry your hair and look out at me through it as you cooled every strand.
Dressing I made sure to wear shirts you personally liked and how you'd look at my butt whenever I'd take my pants off.
So sue me if I couldn't hide a little smile that popped onto my face.
I miss taking little Sammy out for a walk around the sidewalks outside.
He'd let me know when he was all tuckered out and hot by taking a seat in the grass under the shade.
Walking out of the door there isn't a time when I don't look left expecting to see you.
Walking the dog or coming down just to see me before I left.
The car is hot but quickly fills with tunes that you would sing at the top of your lungs.
I add a slow head bang to christen the drive.
Work is tedious but the hours go by quickly as I cycle through my favorite moments with you.
I'd be lieing if I didn't say I fantasized during the day of seeing your face down an aisle.
Visiting on lunch and eating together outside under the shade of a nearby tree.
The best is when it rains.
It's soothing and I want to walk out into it and let every drop hit me.
Like when we got stuck in the rain that one day at Universal.
Smart of us to bring our flip flops.
There was something truly special about being caught in the rain with you.
Sharing in that moment and being drenched.
Your hair wet and stuck to parts of your face and the water drops sliding down your nose.
The way your skin shined under the moisture and small bubbles of water resting here and there.
Every so often a song would come on the radio at work and I would daydream a scene with us.
Ballroom dancing under tiki lights on the back porch near the beach.
Discovering new sights as we traveled up and down the cobble stone streets of Rome.
You'd look beautiful with your sun dress on under a big hat that shielded your face.
The drive home being the same, filled with our songs but this time the moon is listening.
Recalled times of watching the street lights light up your face while you drove home from work.
The times you were on facetime with me on your way while I started dinner.
The perfect passenger who made me feel like a superstar just being next to me.
The rain wasn't so hard now, making just enough noise to calm any afterwork feelings.
Coming home, the house is quiet and just for the hell of it I say darlin I'm home.
Only two cats answer the call but my heart prays that one day the answer will be you.
I don't play the best games I own, saving them for your eyes and ears.
Instead I pen to you and make sure that all chores and necessities are taken care of.
The end of the night beckons with the moon brightly shining through the windows.
The sheets are cool but the bed seems a lot larger than it ever has.
Miles away with the impossibility of hearing me, I still say it out in hopes it reaches you.
Nighty night Megels, I say with the pillows holding me softly.
It isn't long before my head is filled with dreams full of you.
Looking, waiting, holding, and loving you.
Each one unique and just as real as the next.
While looking at my video game news I saw that they revealed Luigi's Mansion 3 for the switch.
I don't have to tell you that I immediately thought of you and the fun you'd have with it.
While thoughts of you calm me to a deep sleep.
My heart races through fields of butterflies with visions of you abound.
If I had a flower for every time I thought of you
I could walk through my garden forever.
There is nothing more powerful than love
Love for you
Always.
Love, Your Edward
xooxooxxxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxo
Happy Batman Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment