Saturday, September 15, 2018

Missing you so much, After All

I wake up to your smiling face, so peaceful and so relaxed
The times you aren't there I hear the Lego Harry Potter game turn on
I come out and there you are, still looking a little sleepy but so beautiful
I make you the eggs you like and fill up your drink
Sitting next to you while you play is the best way to start any day
I open the balcony door and let in the breeze and warm morning
Your smile is all I need to make it the best day ever.

Well, here we are again
I guess it must be fate
We've tried it on our own
But deep inside we've known
We'd be back to set things straight
I still remember when your kiss was so brand new
Every memory repeats
Every step I take retreats
Every journey always brings me back to you

Thinking of you all day is the thing I'm best at
So many memories that cycle through my head at high speeds
When you broke the key to the apartment door and sent me a picture
Feeding you gummy bears while we played Little Big Planet
The way it made me feel when you watched me draw and encouraged me on
The empty rolls of toilet paper you were collecting up for a project of your own

After all the stops and starts
We keep comin' back to these two hearts
Two angels who've been rescued from the fall
After all that we've been through
It all comes down to me and you
I guess it's meant to be, forever you and me, after all

I miss you more and more as each sunrise and sunset goes through its daily routine
Getting the funny pictures you would text and sending you hiding little Wolverine
You make my heart skip a beat every single time I hear your voice
It's so melodic and wonderful woven with the most precious sounds
I was more thankful than you know when you would call before the weekend with your parents
Sitting on the floor with you and building our Mario puzzle in the heat
Planning on one day actually making it to Harry Potter World

When love is truly right
(This time it's truly right)
It lives from year to year
It changes as it goes
Oh, and on the way it grows
But it never disappears

You're the best partner in the world and the best player two
I want to travel the world holding your hand while we see every single sight and sound
Never want to let you never smile again, take away all pain that I've caused
I always remember dinner at the mexican restaurant when you told me your bucket list
The many different things you had already checked off and ones you wanted most
You are my constant muse, always making me be the best me I ever could be
The one person who could make me smile no matter how bad things got

After all the stops and starts
We keep comin' back to these two hearts
Two angels who've been rescued from the fall
After all that we've been through
It all comes down to me and you
I guess it's meant to be, forever you and me, after all

I love you with all of my heart and know that life is perfect when you are in it
Your voice singing all the lyrics in the car, one hand out the window
Jumping up and down in your feety pajamas and laughing until we cried
Sharing our days together and new projects and future plans
The way your face lit up when you were trying out rings at the Ormond mall
The way I still think about you laying next to me at night.

Always just beyond my touch
You know I needed you so much
After all, what else is livin' for?

Every single day my thoughts are for you Megels, every single minute
My heart took a beating and pushed that pain to others unfairly
No matter what it takes and no matter how long, I know the future is you
You're an amazing person and the most beautiful nerdy girl I've ever met
You know just how to make someone feel like they mean the world

After all the stops and starts
We keep comin' back to these two hearts
Two angels who've been rescued from the fall
After all that we've been through
It all comes down to me and you
I guess it's meant to be, forever you and me, after all

I miss you so much darlin dew drop
I love you so much that when I look into the sky I see the clouds writing your name
There's nobody I would want to spend the rest of my life with
Nobody as special and perfect and unique and beautiful as you
Whatever it takes to make up for it all
I'll be right here willing to do it all and more
Always

Love, Your Edward
xoxoxooxoxoxoxoxxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment