My heart is pained and while I sit here looking out the window at the rain
The only thoughts that run through my head are wonderful dreams of you on my brain
Taking a breath I transfer myself using the breeze to take myself back to that balcony
You with your legs up in my lap as I watched the wind blow through your hair
The sounds of the small waterspout in the lake in front of us providing the ambience
The way you would speak of your day was like hearing about the most interesting book
Light shines on your face brightening it in a way that was the very definition of beauty
Your hand laid on the side of the chair with a cigarette placed in between two fingers
The placement of your feet on my lap was the connection that made us one
Sammy laid down near us but couldn't make up his mind if he wanted outside or in
Warm temperatures crawled over our bodies and beads of sweat cropped up on our skin
I could see your chest moving up and down taking in every breath of the afternoon
To me, the day didn't start until I got to see you
The wait for you to be done with work was filled with everything I could to pass the time
Wanting to have more time with you as possible I did all the housework before you returned
Vacuuming the carpets, cleaning the dishes, and doing the laundry with a spring in my step
The fantasy of you coming home and greeting us, changing out of your clothes in the walk in closet
Between the slats seeing more of your skin exposed and wanting to jump inside with you
Sometimes an afternoon nap would be on the menu when our bodies called for it
The sheets being the perfect temperature and softness to accept us into its world
Your body pulled up against mine with your head on my chest, moving with my breaths
One arm around each other and your leg slung around me to hold on while you slept
That moment continues to be my favorite, the instance in time I could be in forever
I could smell your hair near my face, the fruity smell of your shampoo
The silky strands, soft on my face, the sound of your sleep permeating around me
Eating dinner later with you was a partnership that filled me with joy
Choosing a movie or show to watch while we munched away, the dog watching intently
Joking with you and sharing stories elevated the evening to brilliant heights
Closing out with us playing video games and helping the other as the best wingman
Often we would fall asleep right there in the living room up against one another
A Marilyn Monroe blanket over us and Breakfast at Tiffany's frame watching us
Waking up in the middle of the night to tidy up and go to the bed or just stay where we were
You always looked like a perfect angel when you slept, the most peaceful look adorning your face
I miss seeing your face, the one thing my stomach butterflies like most
The next day always carried a sense of excitement with it
Could be another work day that brought with it another happy race to see you again
Weekends could be a trip to Universal for a weekend of laughs, smiles, and hand holding
Certain times we would clean the place, dancing around to music while we worked
The beach being a destination sometimes where we would tan and play in the water
Every single moment and activity was my favorite in the world just being with you
There is no other person I love more than the beautiful girl that is my other
Feeling like a backpacker on a journey through an unexplored land
Hoping one day I will reach the top of the mountain and see you there
Beautiful beyond words and waiting for us to regain the funnest adventure in history
There is only one Megels out there and you have my heart, hook line and sinker
To wait for your hand is a journey that will be worth everything no matter what
I love you darlin dew drop, my heart is yours every hour, day, month, year
Whatever it takes to hold you again, that is my journey
You're the most perfect person that has touched my heart
It is all yours with a promised most amazing happily ever after
Always
Love, Your Edward
xooxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxooxoxoxoxooxoxox
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment