Saturday, September 1, 2018

Being Carried by Love Around Megel's Curve

You are my muse, you are my dream
I drive down the road with the wind in my hair
The radio spilling out sounds that light up my imagination
Each song is a colorful reminder of you and all that you are
The slow songs are when I hold you in my arms as we dance
We dance with our feet in the stars and swaying to the beat of each instrument
The rock songs have us jumping and making each other laugh
Me slow headbanging and you banging your fists to each riff
With just a turn of the dial I invite more vivid dreams of you through my head
The oldies have us dressed to the nines in classic garb all primp and proper
A jukebox playing the classics while we drink milkshakes at the local diner
We sit around clueless and do our best to fit in when I stumble upon hip hop
Our bodies try and match the beats, us being out of our league being half the fun
Country fairs no better with me even more lost in a sea of tunes
You show me how it is done with your knowledge of every genre
The car takes the turns around the dark roads with ease
Each curve a facsimile of a part of you that I'm discovering
I find it fun to name each turn a new name that is a memory of you in my heart
Megels Curve being the first followed swiftly by Dew Drop Lane
A smile comes across my face as I hit the accelerator, speeding through the night
The radio in the dashboard joins me in the fun
Pop is up next bringing with it more years of songs than anyone could count
A game I would play with you where you would guess the song
You were never stumped
Each one carried with it a certain year of our lives that we cherished
Your divas were next with ballads fit for the highest of notes
You met each one and on the right key, impressing me every single time
The car carried me through the night, each streetlight illuminating my body
To say I miss you would be too much of an understatement
No, the car purred louder to me indicating I needed to find better words
Missing you was like coasting down these roads in a small red wagon
No power, tons missing, and the feeling of adventure all but out of reach
You are the girl that dreams are made of and the fuel that keeps them going nightly
You fend off nightmares with your smile
My thoughts of you are what make up my days, every minute, every hour
To be with you would be the best life could offer
The car that took me on the most exciting adventure
The roads evened out now, I was now on a straighaway
Palm trees decorated the path on both sides of me
Just their silhouettes creeping by with the moonlight behind them
The perfect song came on and my every being was tuned in to you
Your beautiful face
Your amazing smile
The way you can light up the world when every light is out
The breeze continued to push through my hair as the tires gripped the road for dear life
I pull into a small offshoot that leads down to a beach
The car quietly goes off as my feet touch the ground
Footsteps are the only sound for a while until I reach the sand
Waves fill the air now, like music in a whole new way to my ears
I whisper quietly out into the sea hoping that it reaches yours too
Megels my darling, I miss you my love
Eyes closed I feel my skin tighten and goosebumps raise all over
Turning to my right there is a vision in a dress cascading through the wind
Brown hair brushing past a face of immense beauty
You are standing there, a vision of an angel ready to take me in
I rush over, hands outstretched and take you into my arms
Dreams prove themselves to be true
I miss you like crazy darling dew drop
Let my love carry over to you through the sound waves and ocean waves to reach you
I love you and whisper to be yours once again.
The moon stood overhead like a proud parent
Two soul mates underneath finding themselves through life's sea of noise
Smiles were all that could be seen reflecting in the moon's light.

Love, Your Edward
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxooxooxox

No comments:

Post a Comment