Friday, September 21, 2018

You Are the Colors of my World

That beautiful girl from across the room that fills my head with the best memories someone could ever be so lucky to share with.
Being without you is like a Picasso with all of the colors taken out.
A symphony with the volume turned all the way down.
Going to see Wicked and Suessical with you thanks to a very lucky family member who was full of pep and fun even to his final days.
That day I drew Sebastian from Little Mermaid in the sand while we were at the beach with Ellen and Rob.
Doing my best to join you so we could work out together when you posted up the weekly exercise goals to the wall.
Playing Words with Friends with you and being beaten in Trivia Crack against your amazing brain.
I miss my clothes being in the dresser that you painted so wonderfully white and did such a good job with it.
Even though you wish to forget it, I always hold a little special place in my heart for that Christmas night when your cold medication did not mix well with alcohol.  My favorite part being when you got offended that I had no idea just how much you loved me and that you went and read all the Scott Pilgrim books because it was my favorite series.
When the air conditioning stopped working at the apartment and we had to sweat through a night with just fans and the next day the worker showed us that it was just some water that needed dumped out.
Sending me a photo of all the TV dinners in the freezer on my way home on lunch and asking me which one I'd like made.
One of the first nights in Florida when we went to the store to get some necessities like a garbage can and some food.
The way you decorated for Halloween, the big window cling on the balcony doors and the tupperware bins full of decorations.
The pink little bucket that came with the flowers I ordered to be sent to you that you kept.
You had a nightmare the one night and it woke me up beforehand and I saw you sit up in bed so fast in fright and wanted to hold you to let you know it was just a dream.
The little speaker you synced with your phone to play music even better in the house while you got ready for work.
Loving the end of the night in our own place.  There was something that felt so good and fantastic for inner peace.  You would go down the hall and into bed and I would get all the dishes into the dishwasher, tidy up the couch, turn everything off and make sure the front door was locked.  Brush my teeth and join your most of the time already sleeping self under the sheets.  Just that night ritual was so calming.
That smile you would give me when you saw me just looking at you while we drove somewhere.
How much you liked my NOW CD to the point where you kept it and would play it for some quick nostalgia.
When we tried sleeping naked for a few nights because you read it was better and healthier for us, like I was going to argue sleeping naked with you.
The letters on the fridge spelling out how much you loved naked man or how much we loved each other.
Just how open you were to trying things and watching things, it was one of the most attractive qualities of you.  From giving the Simpsons a shot from the beginning to giving any movie or game a try after I described it to you.  So rare and unique to find someone so open to new things.
Visiting your mom at the Target on Mt.Nebo and the day you told her that we were looking to find a place together.
When you walked to my house drunk one night and called me half way, meeting you and you blowing the dandelion for me.
The way you would tell me the stories of your jobs and the ghost that followed you around but never did anything to you.  Just glimpses of the ends of a dress.
I love so much about you so very much.
I miss so much about you like crazy.
Days without you are like fields of roses that never bloom.
The brightest sun in the sky but provides no warmth.
The greatest band in the world without their instruments.
I want more than anything in the world to continue our memories and adventures.  Creating more and laughing and smiling our way to the happiest ever after you could possibly imagine.
The happiest life I can think of is one where I'm with you.
Loving you with every ounce of my being.
Sharing our life in the best way possible.
Always.

Love, Your Edward
xoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxox

Wishing every night to hold you again Megels.

No comments:

Post a Comment